- 𝟐𝟓

༻ CHAPTER 25 ༺" i can feel you falling,falling faster

CHAPTER 25
" i can feel you falling,
falling faster. "

     TODAY WAS THE day of the individual assessments. every tributes skill was going to be evaluated upon what they showcase to the game makers in the training center room. breakfast was now imperative for atlantis, so she'd taken the opportunity to fill her plate, much to finnick's delight.

     now that she and finnick appeared the be chatting to each other, the atmosphere seemed to be much lighter which reflected upon the others in the room. siren and elysah were talking, neptune, merlin, and evelynn engaging in their own conversation. everything seemed fine.

     "should i choose the spear today? like i did when sparring?" atlantis questioned, swallowing down her meal, invested in the topic she and finnick were on.

     finnick cleared his throat before speaking, "you're best with that, aren't you?"

     "yes." she confirmed, "learned from the best."

     "you certainly did." he agreed, dragging his sentence out and giving her a charming smile. a tendency he'd developed, almost as a habit. it always made atlantis squirm some way, the purr at the back of his throat unsettling her.

     from the other side of the table, evelynn had a bright grin present, "you two are most certainly in a good mood today."

     "we've got a feeling that today's gonna be a good one." atlantis answered quickly before anyone could butt in for her, bored of being put into awkward situations one way or another.

     "that's just great. hopefully you'll do well, won't you merlin?" her eyes focused on the blonde boy. as always, he was the life of the party out of the two. sometimes atlantis found herself giving in to that and developing maybe even a tiny spark of friendship.

     he returned the gesture, a lopsided smile forming on his features, "i bet we will."

     "well!" the escort clapped her hands together, her shrill voice startling the brunette on the opposite end in the slightest, "i'll be the one taking you down, so eat up."

     evelynn was always pleased with traveling around with merlin and atlantis. the girl didn't know whether it was because either of them had gained popularity within the capitol, which would definitely benefit her, or if she genuinely thought of them as friends. atlantis had almost never dealt with capitol-born citizens.

     when they reached the door, atlantis could already hear the hushed voice coming from inside. those would be the other tributes in the waiting room, arriving earlier than them.