- 𝟏𝟒

༻ CHAPTER 14 ༺" here's the sun, taking all shatteredones, to the place we belong

CHAPTER 14
" here's the sun, taking all shattered
ones, to the place we belong. "

     ATLANTIS' EYES FLICKERED open. birds were chirping outside and breaking into song, like any other day, but for her, it was the time of the most dreaded event she could come across annually. the reaping.

     the girl has never had a happy memory from any reaping. not even the moments where she hasn't been chosen and was guaranteed safety for another year. there was never a joyful moment for her during this time.

     when she propped herself up in bed, she discovered that she was alone. finnick was no longer there, as much as she wished he was. atlantis had been left alone, while finnick probably went to make himself presentable.

     his original goal was to let her sleep in for a bit, but that had been ruined by the noise of the wildlife outside. the teenage girl's throat felt dry, any breath causing her discomfort. groggily, atlantis got out of bed and went to get herself cleaned up before even thinking of going downstairs.

     as atlantis stepped into the bathroom, she saw something that she had definitely never used before. a shower. of course, victors had the privilege of owning such things - they survived the games and were promised a life free of worries.

     with her quick thinking, she had figured out how to use it, stripping herself from the clothes she'd worn the other day. stepping into the warm water, which she had adjusted perfectly to her liking, felt like a different kind of blessing. at home, atlantis had to boil her water and wait for it to cool.

     all the sweat and grime that had clung to her skin was washed down the drain with the rest of the dirt. the girl had used some of the shampoo and body wash finnick had, as he'd told her to do the previous night.

     getting out of the shower was the hardest part. that was a luxury atlantis never wanted to end. something so simple, yet she wanted more. ridding herself of her lingering thoughts, atlantis shoved on the blue dress and shoes, making her way downstairs.

     finnick was already standing in the kitchen, fixing his beautiful navy sweater that he was going to be using for the reaping. he had always styled himself in things that were 'ocean' and 'pirate themed'. to say the least, finnick took pride in his district, just as much as she did.

     the blonde's eyes settled on her as she stood in the hallway, "you look beautiful." he complimented, gesturing for her to come over.

     a slight blush couldn't help but warm her cheeks, he always had a way with words, "thank you, don't look so bad yourself."

     "mags made us some food. she dropped by earlier but you were sleeping." he told her, the pair sitting on the opposite side of each other at the dining table when finnick brought over a fresh cheese platter with some buttered bread.