- 𝟏𝟕

༻ CHAPTER 17 ༺" i'm a lifeless face thatyou'll soon forget

CHAPTER 17
" i'm a lifeless face that
you'll soon forget."

     EVENING DAWNED ON the group, the sky outside becoming dark and lacking the same lively color from beforehand. it would take a day's journey to arrive at the dreaded location - the capitol. early on, atlantis had excused herself from the table, her feeling dragging her to her sleeping quarters to prepare herself for rest.

     soon she'd found that was a stupid decision as she was lacking any signs of falling asleep anytime soon. at a late hour, her eyes were still wide open, scanning her surroundings. the beds they offered in the train were large and much more comfortable to what she was used to. if only she could put them to use.

     after another half an hour of tossing and turning, atlantis rolled out of the bedsheets, her hand running over her face, feeling the pressure deny her the chance to let her tense muscles relax. they were just as tense as they were at the reaping earlier that day. it was unbearable at times.

     atlantis had decided to wander through the corridors of the train. whilst others had already went to sleep, she was the only one up. finnick was most likely sound asleep too, which meant she was all alone. she bunched up her cardigan closer to her body, seeking warmth as a bit of cold air hit her skin. she wondered if some of it was from outside or she was just imagining it.

     giving an exasperated sigh, atlantis entered the lounge car but was put to a stop as the same familiar blonde hair was lit up in the limelight of the dimmed wall lights, the blurry surroundings zooming past, finnick's attention solely focused on the window until he had heard the girl enter.

     what a surprise.

     shockingly, atlantis was glad that she wasn't the only one who couldn't seem to put themselves to sleep.

     finnick arched a brow, shooting her a concerned look, "you're still not asleep?"

     she shook her head, "not my choice. i could ask you the same."

     he chuckled trying to hide how afraid he was really, his head falling limp for a moment, "same here. come sit."

     atlantis followed his instructions, the cushioned seat falling below her when she placed herself beside him, focusing on the same thing he'd been watching pretty much ever since she'd excused herself from the table.

     "isn't it ironic?" she suddenly implored, her fingers tapping on the edge of the furniture as they watched everything slide past.