Chapter Fifteen: The First Kiss

"Can, if I died, would you ever love somebody else?"

Can and Demet lay down on the grass, looking at the sky. It was a quiet Sunday afternoon, and they were on Can's garden.

Can sat up, looking at Demet who was smiling back at him.

"What kind of question is that?" Can said.

"Come on. Answer it," Demet laughed.

Can thought about it for a moment, then he kissed Demet's forehead.

"No," he whispered. "There's only you, Demet. I don't think I could ever love somebody else."

Demet smiled, sitting up to face Can.

"Don't stop yourself from feeling things because of me, Can," she said. "If I died, and you met somebody that makes you fall in love, go for it. There's no one else in this world that I know that deserves love and happiness more than you do."

Can took a sip of his wine as he looked out into the ocean from their suite. He could still remember Demet's exact words, as if she knew all of this would happen. She didn't, of course. But it was like Fate was telling him another.

He put down his glass, and paced back to his room. He turned the lights off and lay down on the bed, shutting his eyes hoping he could get some sleep tonight.

***

"Ozge."

Ozge turned to face Can who was looking through some documents. It was now 10:00 AM, the next day. Can and Ozge both woke up late. She slowly walked to him, carefully avoiding his gaze.

"Yes?"

"You and I are meeting Mr. Derya in a an hour and a half," Can said. "Then we're going back to Istanbul, okay?"

"Okay," Ozge said.

Can looked at her for a moment.

"Look, Ozge, about last night..."

"Do you want coffee, Mr. Can?" Ozge said, cutting him off as she went to the kitchen.

"No, thanks," Can said, looking at her intently, then he want back to his papers.

Ozge glared at him as she brewed her coffee.

***

"I think this would be a great merger."

Guldem said, taking a sip of her coffee. She invited Diletta and her parents to her suite, and they settled on the living room. She sat on a round table with Diletta and her parents, Amadeo Leotta and Alessa Leotta, CEOs of Leotta airlines.

"I think so too, Guldem," Amadeo said. "Although I have a proposal per say, if you want our companies to merge."

"I'm listening," Guldem said.

Amadeo looked at Diletta, who was grinning widely, before speaking.

"I want my daughter, Diletta, and your son, Can, to get married in two months," Amadeo said.

Guldem chuckled. "I thought you'd never ask, Amadeo. I've arranged an engagement for Can and Diletta already."

"And? Is Can okay with it? I saw the news last night. Can didn't look too happy with the engagement," Alessa said.

"Alessa, don't you worry. Can was... a bit shocked by the news. But he'll come around in no time," Guldem said. "Diletta and Can have been friends for so long. I'm sure Can feels the same way about her."