Chapter Seven: Fate

"Will everything be ready next week?"

Can asked the architect and engineer he hired for the construction of Strawberry Place. He scans the room. It was now all coming together. The low mini chandeliers, tables, chairs, the painting in the walls were almost done. He also had staff. Waiters, janitors, cashiers, junior sous chef. All he needed now was a Chef de cuisine or the executive chef. There weren't really great candidates that they have interviewed for the past few days.

"Yes, Sir Can. Everything will definitely be ready next week," the engineer said.

"Alright, thank you," Can said, then the architect and engineer left.

He sat down on a table, putting his hand on his chin, wondering where he could get an executive chef in time.

"Yo, Can. How's it going?" Efe Sezen asked, putting his arm around Can as he sat down next to him.

Efe Sezen is Can's cousin and best friend. Efe and Can literally grew up together. Since they both were the only children in their family, they treated each other as brothers. Efe has also been beside Can through the first year since Demet died. Can trusted Efe with his life.

"Not good," Can said. "The restaurant is opening next week and I still haven't found an executive chef."

"I thought you auditioned people?" Efe said.

"Nah, it didn't work out. None of them fit the role."

"Don't worry, Can. You'll find one in no time," Efe said, then he checked his watch.

"I hope so," Can muttered.

"Look, Can, I have to go."

"Where are you going?"

"To Dad's office. He said he has something to talk to me about a new business venture," Efe said, standing up.

"Uncle Cinar is having a new business venture again? What a surprise," Can said sarcastically. "I swear, your dad probably already has every department of business. And with all that, he still is behind Mom in the Forbes list of billionaires..."

"Can, Aunt Guldem literally owns one of the largest restaurant chains in the world, Socially Basket. I mean, we own Yummy Crave too, one of the largest restaurant chains but Socially Basket is just more popular. Dad still beats himself about it, you know," Efe laughed.

Can smiled, imagining his Uncle Cinar scratch his head at the stocks sold every year.

"Look, Can, I gotta go. See you later," Efe said, running.

"See you," Can said, taking one last look at the restaurant, then he walked to his car.

***

"What do you think the new client will like? What do multi-millionaires eat?"

Perran asked Ozge, searching for luxury dishes on her phone. Their staff were already preparing for tonight's dinner with the client. Ozge looked for luxury dishes as well.

"How about something new? While I was in Bulgaria for two weeks, I've taught myself how to cook some Bulgarian foods that everyone seemed to love in Sofia. I'll just cook those," Ozge said, already listing everything she will need.

"Do you think the client will like it?" Perran asked.

"Trust me, Mom. The client will love it," Ozge said.

"Well, you're the chef," Perran said. "I'll just help with the organization, daughter. You go do your cooking."

"Alright, Mom," Ozge said, already excited to cook.