"Cabby, can I help cut the ribbon?" Lailah asked with hopeful eyes.

Cabbrieli pursed his lips and hummed. "Of course you can!"

"Hi, everyone!" Davina said sweetly as she came from the kitchen.

Vanessa looked at her and hummed. Her dress was beautiful. Red was certainly her color. "Hi, Davina. You look amazing,"

Davina blushed and smiled. "Thank you, Vanessa. You look lovely. How are the twins doing?"

Cabbrieli wiggled his eyebrows at Vanessa and winked at Davina.

He was telling her that they were together! Not that she missed it, but it was nice that he told her.

She winked back at him and gave her attention to Davina. "They're late, though I'd rather them be late than early."

Reid nodded in agreement. "So when did this happen?" He didn't believe in beating around the bush. He liked Davina for his son, but he didn't know they were together.

Cabbrieli cleared his throat and held Davina's hand. "A couple of weeks ago I realized that I was moving a little too slowly, so I asked her out." His voice was soft and genuine. Vanessa wanted to melt at how adorable he was.

Reid smacked him on the shoulder and huffed proudly. "Ecco cosa succede quando diventi una spina dorsale e fai ciò che vuoi. Ottimo lavoro, figlio mio." (That's what happens when you grow a backbone and go for what you want. Good job, my son.)

Cabbrieli chuckled. "Non posso dissentire. Ti voglio bene, padre." (I can't disagree. I love you, father.) He hugged Reid.

Reid kissed his forehead and smiled. "Anch'io ti amo." (I love you too.)

Vanessa looked at Davina and saw her confused look. "They do that sometimes, you'll get used to it." She explained and Davina oohed.

Cabbrieli let go of Reid and looked at his watch. "It's time to greet the people."

"Well, Lailah may you do the honors of coming outside with me and cutting the ribbon?" Cabbrieli asked while kneeling next to Lailah.

Lailah furrowed her brows and nodded. "Yes. I can do it!" She took his hand and they walked outside of the shop.

Reid kissed Vanessa's forehead. "Sit tight, tesoro. If the opening gets too overwhelming, we will leave." He loved and supported Cabbrieli to the fullest, but Vanessa was overdue with their twins and if she got overwhelmed, things would go wrong. He wanted to prevent that.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine, just go and be with Cabbrieli." Vanessa told him firmly and sat back in her chair. It was surprisingly comfortable, which was super surprising.

Davina walked out and Vanessa was left in the shop alone. She didn't mind one bit. From the small view of the crowd outside, she wouldn't have alone time until she made it home.

-

It was four in the morning and Vanessa couldn't get the taste of a freshly baked brownie out of her mouth.

She was spoiled senseless at Cabbrieli's grand opening with brownies, cookies, and many other delicious desserts.

She looked over at Reid and saw that he was sleeping soundly. He looked so peaceful and handsome.

"Reiddd," She whispered and shook his shoulders.

Reid groaned and opened his eyes. "Is it the babies?" He yawned.

Vanessa nodded. "Yes."

Reid jumped out of the bed and ran to the closet. He didn't think twice about grabbing her hospital bag and running back to her side.