i. How To Train Your Dragon II

Start from the beginning

    Astrid rolled her eyes, "Sweet baby Thor in a thunderstorm," she grumbled and pointed out into the ocean, "Go!"

    "Oh, don't worry, we'll go," said Snotlout, giving Astrid a miffed glance. "And when we go, Hookfang and I are gonna light the sky on━FIRE━!"

    Valkyrie urged Zephyr closer to the cliff edge to grin down at Snotlout and Hookfang dive straight down into the ocean. His yells echoed up and made her and Astrid laugh at his misfortune. Hiccup sighed, this was a daily occurrence.

     Hookfang veered him and Snotlout in and out of sea stacks, up and over, around and between. The Monstrous Nightmare was quite a ... character, one could say. Strong-minded, opinionated, never listened ... very much like his rider, in that regard (not that Snotlout would ever admit it). The two shot up into the sky, and dived back down into the water with a quick spin. Snotlout's cries of, "HOOKFANG!" were loud enough for the other end of the Archipelago to hear.

    They reappeared out from under the water, spinning wildly back to the rest of them waiting on the sea stack. As soon as Hookfang's claws touched the grass and rock, Snotlout gasped, felling his chest. "I'm alive?! I'm alive!" he stopped, glancing at the others. Quickly, he cleared his throat. "Of course, I am."

    Valkyrie rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath, "Snotlout, Snotlout, oi, oi, oi."

    He glared at her and mumbled, "Shut up, Val."

   Zephyr laughed in the back of his throat, and Snotlout's glare turned onto the Windstriker. "You too, Zeph."

    Feeling the tension grow, Fishlegs swiftly interveined. "Ooh! Ooh! My turn━" he looked down at his dragon, "Ready, Meatlug?" she flapped her wings eagerly, and Fishlegs giggled, "Here we go!"

    They fluttered up into the air. Valkyrie watched, brow arched as they took a small lap around the sea stack and back to where they began. She shared a glance with Astrid as Fishlegs pumped his fist, "Yes!" he exclaimed. "New personal best!" leaning down, he hugged Meatlug and welcomed the affectionate lick she returned.

    Ruff clapped her hands together, "My turn!" she said.

    Her brother gaped at her, "No!" he said. "My turn!"

    "Guys ..." Hiccup sighed, "Same dragon..."

   "Oh, right," said Tuffnut. He shared a quick fist-pump with his sister and the two set off at a dive.

    Valkyrie sighed. Leaning closer to Astrid, she muttered, "This isn't going to end well."

    (Like Hiccup said, a lot of things haven't changed...)

    Almost immediately, the twins arguing got in the way of their dragon. Tuff wanted to go left, while Ruff was determined to go right. The problem with having two heads, one dragon and aggressive twins was that they could make their dragon head go the way they wanted, only to realise they were connected far too late. Hiccup winced when they hit the next sea stack head on.

    They spiralled off course━literally. The twins barely hung on as Barf and Belch spun their way back to the track. With a cheeky exchange of looks, they simoultaneously chucked their riders high up into the air. Hiccup winced again (all though, he was sure the twins were enjoying this). Barf and Belch caught their respective riders by the teeth, and flipped them back onto their necks.

    "That's ... a little impressive," muttered Astrid, her and Valkyrie judging each moved by each rider. They were the most competitive out of all the Vikings.