Chapter 25 : Stuck in time (alternative ending)

NOTE: This is an alternative to the first (sad) ending, hope that makes you smile :)

‘I love you, you know.’ Louis whispered in Harry’s ear. The boy was nuzzled into the man’s chest and was enjoying the soft breeze of Louis’ breath.

‘I know. I love you too.’

‘I will love you forever Harry.’ Louis said and Harry wanted to ask him why he would always repeat that as if to make sure Harry wouldn’t forget, but Louis was already fast asleep, mouth opened as he held his boy in his arms.

The morning after, Harry decided he’d surprise Louis with a lazy morning. No office, no gallery, just the two of them and Eden in pyjamas in front of goggle box. He had planned everything. The French toasts were on the table, the TV was on, the flowers everywhere and Eden had had her bath and was in her chair next to the table were the breakfast was set up.

‘Louuuu. I have a surprise for you !’ Harry sung as he jumped on the bed, straddling Louis’ lap. When Louis didn’t seem too excited, Harry kissed his back, as he was lying on his side, but still no smile was coming from him, or no giggle as Harry tickled his ribs. ‘Come on Lou I know you’re tired but I made French toasts and Eden is all fresh and cute in the dress your mom got her…’ Harry added but Louis wasn’t even moving. ‘And I was thinking we could drop her off at my mom’s and have a fun afternoon…’ Harry added biting his lip.

‘LET’S GO!’ Louis suddenly opened his eyes, making Harry fall off the bed by the sudden scream.

Louis was laughing his eyes out, holding his stomach as he threw his head back on the pillow, watching Harry catch his breath on the floor.

‘You scared me idiot !’ Harry frowned. His heart was still racing after not seeing Louis move. He knew he couldn’t have handled anything happening to him.

‘Sorry gorgeous, I promise I’ll  make it up to you…’ Louis whispered as he dragged himself on top of Harry on the floor, lying on his chest as he pecked his lips. ‘Good morning.’

‘Hiiii.’

They were staring at each other when they heard a squeak, followed by tiny screams, and remembered it wasn’t just the two of them anymore.

‘Shall we go downstairs ?’ Harry asked, running his fingers through Louis’ hair who closed his eyes and smiled like a kitten being petted.

‘Only if I can have you later…’

‘You can have me anytime Lou. Now let’s go check on the little princess.’ Harry said and they both stood up, heading to the dining room, Louis’ arm wrapped around Harry’s waist.

Harry quickly took Eden in his arms, making her face Louis when he approached them.

‘Hello !’ Louis grinned when he saw her, pulling funny faces and kissing her belly multiple times, making her giggle as she gently tried to pull at his hair.