Chapter 24 - Stuck in time

‘Eden ! Let your uncle breathe !’ Harry scolds his daughter when she attacks Niall’s chest with her new boxing gloves.

‘Look what dad got me for Christmas uncle Ni !’ She was running around the flat with her gloves, punching the walls and everyone in her way.

‘I bet you can’t beat me !’ Liam challenged her, not knowing what he was getting himself into.

As they were fighting, Harry was sewing her costume for the upcoming school show. She was Tinker Bell and had to tell everyone how amazing her costume would be because her dad was making it, forcing Harry to spend days working on the green tutu, not that it bothered him.

It had been six years since Louis had passed away. Six years since Harry’s heart had been shredded to pieces. Six years of raising their daughter.

It wasn’t easy at first, still wasn’t to be honest. He would spend the nights awake, ready to feed her or take her in his arms, not wanting to hear her cry, as they were enough tears in the flat already. At some point, Anne volunteered to babysit her so her son could finally get some sleep and work at the gallery.

He had made a friend three years ago, Stella, studying art, and they had helped each other open a common gallery where Harry and her set up a grand opening with an exhibition of their work. Luckily enough, he had sold his photographs at the highest prices, especially Louis’ and Eden’s portraits, thus being able to take care of the girl and her needs. Of course, it wasn’t the only help he had. Louis’ dad was helping him whenever he needed and absolutely spoilt Eden.

Martin had welcomed Harry as his own son since then. He would always say how much of Louis he could see in Harry and pat his shoulder as he would his son’s. He and Eden would always visit Louis’ parents and have a great time, mainly talking about the one they needed most by their side.

It had been six years and Harry was still denying it. Sometimes, he’d see something and think ‘I have to show that to Louis !’ and then stop himself.

The first three years were the hardest. He would wake up in the middle of the night sweating and crying, struggling to even keep himself alive. He wouldn’t eat, wouldn’t talk to anyone, started isolating himself and his friends and family had to force their way to the flat to make sure he and Eden were okay.

He would start cleaning a room and then find a piece of Louis everywhere and sit down to replay everything in his head. He would go through his clothes, put on his jumpers and sniff it till Louis’ smell was gone and then spray his perfume all over again.

He had sprayed a fluffy blanket with the perfume and would always give it to Eden to fall asleep, pretending Louis was right by her side, the way she held it making him sob every time.

He would curse everyone the first few months, especially God. He wouldn’t answer the phone or go outside or allow anyone to even come close to Eden unless he was too exhausted to take care of her.

He would never admit to himself how much of a mess he was the first years. It was still unbearable to this day. His heart was still half empty, his head was still constantly going to Him and he would still find himself scream randomly, still not over the fact that his love had vanished in the air as he remained on Earth.