Chapter 8 - Double Trouble

IMPORTANT NOTE: This part was supposed to have more descrptive...interactions... but it would have been privated...

If you want to check the whole chapter, you can always go to the ao3 version

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/3282047/chapters/7164251

It's been about two weeks since Harry's started working for Louis and everything's been going great, except for the occasional looks Ben would give Harry that is. It made him quite uncomfortable, like he was going to jump on him or something. But apart from that, he couldn’t have wished for a better job.

He’s been helping Louis with his schedule and assisted nearly every meeting, taking notes and learning a lot from it. Louis would discretely make funny faces when a meeting would get too boring and tangle their feet together, having a fight under the conference table during Skype interviews.

Everything was going well really, a bit too well actually.

They weren’t just the typical boss and employee, they would mess around with the co workers’ irrelevant work, just for the sake of it, switch the coffee and tea stickers on the machine before spying on Mrs Welch, the angry woman from downstairs and they would spend hours chatting in Louis’ office, making him spend a few extra ones at night to catch up on his work, disturbed by Harry’s giggles and pranks. They were like children when they joked around and like teenagers when they would catch themselves flirt, sometimes being a bit too upfront.

‘So what else can I do for you today boss ?’ Harry grinned as he sat at the edge of Louis’ desk.

‘Well, we could finally go to that restaurant I’ve been wanting to take you to ?’ Louis suggested, turning his chair to face Harry, left arm close to his thigh, a bit too close in Harry’s opinion.

Yes it was great hanging out, yes Louis was funny and kind and smart and beautiful and amazing and…Anyway, the point is, it was wrong, no matter how right it felt, he couldn’t make Louis cheat on Eleanor. She didn’t deserve it. No one did.

‘What do you think is going on here Louis ?’ Harry tried with all the courage he had in him.

‘What d’you mean ?’

‘Don’t play dumb. You’ve been flirting with me, a lot, and asking me on dates, and looking weirdly at anyone who would approach me ? What’s going on ? It makes me uncomfortable.’ It didn't, not really, he just kept thinking about his wife.

‘I’m sorry Haz, I didn’t realise. It’s just, I can’t help it. And if I remember well, you’re not that innocent either are you ? Staying close to me and always talking to me the way you do. I know you don’t look at everyone the way you look at me.’ Louis said and maybe he was right. Harry had a role in this too. He couldn’t help it either.

‘Well, maybe I should stop looking at you altogether then.’ Harry frowned.

‘And maybe I should stop talking to you.’

‘Yeah, maybe you should.’ Harry said in a low voice before a silence took over.