The signs as calm and quiet things

Aries: A small puddle of rainwater cupped in your hand. Memories reflected in the water of when you stood in this exact spot. Thunder in the distance.

Taurus: A handmade wooden sign nailed to a birch tree. Piles of rocks along the river that direct travelers deeper and deeper into the autumn woods.

Gemini: Your favorite book from when you were a child, thought lost. Your hands trace the worn card stock cover. Just as beautiful as you remember.

Cancer: Too many questions of memory, of nostalgia. Watch the sparks from the campfire drift off into the night. Feel the tension in your shoulders relax as these things fade from memory.

Leo: The desk in the corner of your room, the work that calls to you. The warmth of the cup of coffee in your hands. You are not afraid.

Virgo: Eight unread messages.

Libra: Thursday morning. The shortcut you take through the church school. The sounds of little birds that made their homes under the eaves. The sound of your footsteps echoing.

Scorpio: A scheduling coincidence. The table in the back of a cafe. Hours together in relative silence before parting ways again. Comfort.

Ophiuchus: The walk to work. The sound of a heavy boots on a skateboard through an empty parking lot. Trees swaying in the morning wind. The sound of the world slowly slowly waking up.

Sagittarius: A box of old letters, drawings, small objects. Tactile reminders. Their handwriting. The good paper.

Capricorn: The sound of gentle waves in the distance. The sound of the shower running. Closed eyes. Warm water. Vague thoughts of the farmers market.

Aquarius: A familiar road. The back seat of a familiar car, crammed with friends. A late late night and stuffy clothing. The cool tile of the kitchen floor. Morning now.

Pisces: Mid afternoon. The underside of a desk. A nap.