The signs as something else

Aries: The storm sirens wail, the sound of colossal footsteps thunder closer. A low mournful sound that seems to crack the sky.

Taurus: The now abandoned house by the seaside. The reason there aren't any more rat catchers in town.

Gemini: The grey dogs in porcelain masks that wander the streets at night. The one that sat under a streetlight, and watched through your bedroom window.

Cancer: The faceless too-tall things covered in red cloth. They seemed to be enjoying the tea party the little girl had set out for them.

Leo: There were rumors that god was starving.

Virgo: The tall leafless trees that grew on the sites of the mass graves.

Libra: The disused parts of the subway network. The market that meets every Friday in the old transit hub.

Scorpio: The sudden, intense and inescapable feeling that you are lost. How the feeling fades too suddenly.

Sagittarius: The old rotting puppet that taught you martial arts.

Capricorn: The massive black roadrunner that followed your car through Utah. You didn't say a word the whole night.

Aquarius: The angel tangled in the power lines.

Pisces: How the world changes when you cross the freeway. How the trash vanishes and the paint becomes more vibrant. How the air becomes sterile.