•Chapter 58•

Elara Beck
When we first saw the ballroom both of our mouths hung open.
It was exactly how I had envisioned it to be.
Chandeliers hung elegantly from the ceiling and round tables covered the place, but left space for a large dance floor.
Each table had a plume of pink and white flowers on it and I smiled at the name tags I had spend hours making for everyone.
And as everyone filtered in and sat down it was even more magical.

"Mamma, Daddy, are you happy?" Frances said from the middle of us as we sat at the table after eating, and both Shawn and I smiled up at each other.
"Of course we are." Shawn said and pressed a kiss to her head before re-tying the bib around her neck.
"Daddy, Mamma said you're going to play twister later." Frances said and I couldn't help but choke on my drink.
"Did she?" Shawn said and winked my way.
"But she said it's only you two."
"Yes it's our favourite game." Shawn said and I felt myself blush harder.
"Shawn."
"Can i play?"
"No! Not till your at least eighteen and in a good stable relationship." Shawn said and I smacked a hand to my forehead.
"Eighteen is as old as you... When I'm as old as you I want to be in love like you are." Frances said before going back to her playing with a napkin.

And in that moment I felt a wave of relief and indescribable happiness.
Tears welled in my eyes and I bit my lip to try and stop them.
"What's wrong?" Shawn said and I shook my head with a smile. "Come here."
I picked up the ends of my dress and walked over to sit on my husbands lap.
He wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.
"What's wrong baby?" He said and I sighed.
"I'm just happy. Really happy."
Shawn smiled and I closed my eyes for a moment, taking in his cologne and the comfort I felt by him holding me in his arms.
"I have to do something ." He said and I frowned as I slid back into my own chair.
"What do you have to do?"
"It's a surprise." Shawn winked before walking over to the dj that was set up.

He grabbed a microphone and tapped it, his wedding ring shining over everyone.
"Hey!" Shawn said and caught everyone's attention.
I stood up slowly and stared at him.
"So, I have a little surprise for Elara, and for all of you, but mainly my wife." He said and a round of laughs sounded out.
People turned to look at me briefly but I shrugged and shook my head.
Everyone turned back to Shawn who was swinging a guitar around him, over his suit.
He then walked over to a white drape, something I hadn't even noticed before.
I frowned harder.
But then the drape dropped to reveal Shawn's band. I gasped.
I hadn't even seen them leave their seats.
"This is a song that i've been working on for a while now. I wanted it to be perfect for you Elara and I think it finally is. It's called 'Always Been You'"

I covered my mouth with my hands as Shawn started to strum an unfamiliar melody.
Tears started to well in my eyes as soon as he started singing.
"Oh my god." I cried as he got to the first chorus.
By this point I was silently sobbing.
I watched him play in adoration and couldn't believe that he had done this for me.
His voice was so beautiful and passionate which made me cry more.

Towards the end of the song, it turned into a softer song and Shawn walked over to the table.
I slowly walked around and down the steps to meet him, tears still prevalent in my eyes.
He took hold of one of my hands as he sung the last little chorus.
As soon as he finished I rushed to hug him as a round of hollering and applause sounded out in the hall.
But the noise faded away.
All I could focus on was the feeling of his arms around me and the feeling of his heartbeat underneath my cheek.
His arms were tight around me and I knew this is what heaven felt like.
"I love you so so much." I cried into his chest.
"I love you too." He giggled and I sighed in bliss.
"What did you think?" He asked as he pulled away slightly.
"What did I think? Shawn it was more than amazing! It was so beautiful! You're so talented." I said and cupped his face.
"It has always been you Elara. Always." He said and I nodded through my tears.

We had an amazing evening with everyone.
We danced and sang and drank the whole night.
Frances went with my parents and would be staying with them for a few days while Shawn and I got into married life together.
During the evening I made sure to be as subtly seductive as I could.
Making sure I had that look in my eyes, and running my hands all over him as we danced.
I think what tipped him over the edge was when we were sat down as everyone started to leave.
I moved close to him and partially sat on his lap before running my hand over his crotch lightly.
He grabbed my hand but I used the movement to lean forward and whisper in his ear, telling him what I had on under my dress.
And by the time 1am had come around, everyone had left and we were both dying to get each other out of our clothes.