Thomas Shares My Willingness To Step Into A Death Trap

Start from the beginning

"I remember. I had so much fights until I literally forced them to make me a runner. It was down to either make me a Runner or die of being annoyed to death." I chuckle.

"So, can you help me?" Thomas says.

I nod. "I will speak to Minho. You try to stay in his good books meanwhile." He breaks into a huge smile. I smiles back.

"I can't talk to him today, because I'm not running with him today, he and Alby are going to go and see the dead Griever but tomorrow, I'm running with him, so I can talk to him."

Ever since Ben got stung in broad daylight, couple of Runners called it quits, saying that are scared. So, we are down in numbers. So the remaining people run in groups of two.

Today, Newt is in charge of the Glade. To think that Newt is be in jitters would be an understatement. He isn't really a fan on barking orders and punishments to the boys. He's more like a silent achiever. But when yesterday, Minho found a dead Griever, in the middle of the maze, Alby decided to go with him today to inspect the thing.

Personally, I have a good feeling. Maybe this means that Grievers can die of old age or sickness, which is something new to know. It maybe can be a clue. Maybe we are closer to finding a way out.

---------------------------------------

After a few hours, I am by the doors waiting for Newt to see me off. Alby and Minho had already gone into the Maze. They said that they would be back by noon.

The blond haired boy walked towards me and gives me a nervous smile. "Hey, don't over stress yourself." I smile as I hook my little finger with his and touch the pad of our thumbs with each other's.

The 'Newdadelaide' greeting.

"It's just... This change.. I'm worried about Alby going in. And you are going in alone too.." He trails.

"Newt." I softly calls out to him. "Newt. Look at me." He looks up at me with the most purest puppy dog eyes ever. It takes me all my strength not to attack him with my kisses.

Don't look at me like that. I won't be able to control myself.

"It would be fine. It's just one day. And Alby is with Minho. They'll be fine. Alby is more than capable of handling himself. He has handled you bimbos for three years."

We both chuckle.

"And you?" he asks me.

I flick my braid over my shoulder, as I give him a smirk, "I'm a legend," I scoff, "I'll be perfect." Newt rolls his eyes.

His chocolate brown eyes are boring into mine. His locks are falling over his eyes. I look down his soft pink lips. Without even knowing, I lean towards him. I look up at him and his eyes were on my lips. The tip of his tongue pokes from his lips slightly as he wets his lips.

I look down to his lips.

Our lips brushes each other's. I can feel his breath on mine. His warm breath. On my face. It sends shivers on my spine and I force my knees to stay strong.

I lean more towards him. I close my eyes in anticipation.I feel his hand on the small of my back.Our noses touch each other. I slowly put my palm on his chest.

"Newt!"

We break out, jumping back a feet away from each other. Stan is running towards us. "Hey, Newt! Frypan's calling for you."

Newt nods. The tip of his ears are tinted red.

"Adelaide, you're not going into the maze?" Stan ask me, a smirk on his face.

"I am- I am." I almost squeal and was about to run into the Maze when Newt grabs my wrist.

"Hey. Uh-um... You-you still like me right?" I nod, confused. "Of course. I still do."

"So, would you like to go on a date with me this eve?"

"You planned a date for us?!" I almost yell, not able to keep the excited grin and profuse blush off my face.

"If that's okay with you. If you think that we're moving too fast, that's okay with me too. I just assumed-"

"That's one thousand times okay with me!" I stop his cute ramble.

"So be ready after the door closes, alright? I will come to you."

I grin back at him as he I run away, after he placed a soft kiss on my cheek, leaving my knees weak and heart soaring.

Things this boy does to me.

TOTAL WORDS-1164

please do vote/comment if you've liked this chapter, it would mean a lot to me