old promises

A/N hey besties thanks for the surreal amount of views on Bruises like I literally found my story ON TIKTOK like I've made it y'all and I thank you guys for everything<3 you have made me rediscover a passion I had ever since I was a little kid:) now onto the story lol

   1 month ago

   Quackity had discovered something to keep him distracted and it instantly dragged him into this wonderful escape from reality, helped him escape from the hauntings of his past. 

   Writing music.

   He started off by singing covers of popular songs. He would sing and edit the final copy and produce the cover, posting them to YouTube and other social media platforms. He was naturally talented, his voice soft, yet similar to an angel.

   His first cover, actually, was what got him a new best friend, a new brother.

   Alex managed to find a song that had reminded him of George, that reminded him of his past. Of course he was going to at least sing to himself about it, maybe it would help form some kind of closure. It would let him get his feelings out without actually letting his walls crack in front of someone.

   The song was called "Hey There Delilah" (yuh get it ig).

   Hey there, Delilah what's it like in New York City?

   I'm a thousand miles away, but girl tonight you look so pretty,

   yes you do...

   Time Square don't sine as bright as you...

   I swear It's true.

   I mean, what could Quackity say? George was perfect, but he left. 

   He really, really missed George.

   George wouldn't leave his thoughts, and it did nothing but hurt. Alex would nearly cry just at the thought of the brunette because he left a mark on the boy. Having that someone you considered your home leave?

   The pain was indescribable. 

   Hey there, Delilah

   Here's to you...

   This one's for you.

   Quackity just felt like a part of his heart and soul was missing.

   After editing the music and editing the video he was ready to post on Youtube, there was only one thing to decide left. The title. He knew what the title and description was going to be. The best part was that no one that he knew had even slightly noticed his channel, so he could post anything he wanted without worry.

   The title would be 'Hey There, George,' and the description would be as follows:

   This is my cover of Hey There, Delilah that is dedicated to my old friend George. He was practically a brother to me, but he left to gain a better life. I don't blame him, but I do miss him. I miss my brother.

   After posting the video to his channel, which was rapidly growing, he climbed into his bed, staring at a blank screen on his phone. The only thing his mind would go to would be George, and how the night after they made up from the first fight, they had promised each other they would stay.

   "you promised...," Quackity whispered as tears slowly rolled down his cheeks.

   Promises can be broken so, so easily.

________________

   Quackity woke up the next day, bags under his eyes that were also swollen from the lack of sleep. He had spent most of the night reminiscing on broken memories, tears practically slow-dancing on his skin.