3. Ivar 18+

~Ivar 18+

I was 16yrs old when I first met Ivar, and something told me he would do amazing things. Growing up I was the 'wrong child'. I would do the opposite of what other girls and the Christians would do. I would run, fight, and spit with the boys, but when I turned 11 I was sold to slavery from my parents.

"I will not raise a heathen" I remember hearing my mother say as she left me to the slave traders.

I was a child when Ragnar Lothbrok came to Wessex, and I hid in the kitchen of the trade. I didn't know, at that time, that the blue eyed man that covered me from being seen was THE Ragnar Lothbrok.

At the age of 13, the castle bought me from the trade. When I got to the castle King Ecbert said I was too strong hearted to be a slave, so he had his son train me in war, and he would teach me and Judith literature. I had just turned 16 when Ragnar returned to Wessex, but he only had his cripple son, Ivar, with him, and at the time I only thought he was a cripple. I learned he was much smarter than he let people believe.

"You might not remember me Ragnar, but you saved me as a child." You said in norse.

"I did?" He looks me over.

"I was hiding in the kitchen, and you covered me with a blanket." I said giving him a cup of water.

He nods as he chews.

"I want you to know I've been feeding your son as well, and he's fine. Has been learning games from prince Alfred." I smile when he smirks.

"Thank you." I nod as I walk away.

My next stop was Ivar, but, unlike his father, he has a room. As I come to the door my body stops, and I don't understand why my body reacts to him. I've always been in control of my body, but with Ivar's touch, his hard stare, and just having him around my body just do what it wants.

My grip tightens on the tray as I open the door, and as I see Prince Alfred playing chess with Ivar. They do some sort of game everyday.

"I...I have your food Ivar." I place the tray next to him, and as I walk around him his finger taps my hand.

"I would like grapes (y/n)." Alfred says.

"Oh yes sir." I bow before rushing to the kitchen grabbing different grapes.

I rush back in and they are in a deep conversation, so I just placed the bowl down and got back to work. A week later, I stood by the gate as Ivar was loaded into a wagon. While I was looking at him I didn't notice King Ecbert standing behind me.

"Falling for a Viking." He says as he stands next to me.

"I'm sorry?"

"You can't stop feelings from growing. You must follow your soul." He kisses the top of my head before he walks to Ivar, who is looking straight at me.

After they finish talking I walk up to Ivar, and he grabs my hand as I sit next to him. He smiles as his ruff thumb runs over my soft hand.

"Be safe." He tells me.

"Of course." I hand him the gloves I made. "Remember Ivar you may be cripple, but you are stronger than anyone." I whisper as he pulls the gloves on.

"You were born to listen to Thor's hammer." He slides a necklace over my head leaning close. "I will be back for this." He whispers with a small tug on the hammer.

"Goodbye Ivar the boneless." I smile as I walk toward King Ecbert.

Ecbert held me as we watched Ivar ride off, and I twirl the little hammer. After King Aelle killed Ragnar King Ecbert had me learn more war strategy, fighting technique, and different languages. I became more of a warrior than a slave, and I loved it.