Part 12

Tw: mentioning of panic attack

P.o.v. Demetri

Eli, or Hawk, has been acting weird around me. I don't know why, but he is blushing all the time and he gets nervous very easily. I don't really understand. Maybe the shy, silly Eli still was there somewhere? I was almost sure it wasn't there anymore... I am happy that there is a change my old friend (fRiEnD?) was still somewhere int here. That though trade me smile. Maybe... Maybe we could be friends again. But things would never go back like it used to be. I would never feel as comfortable around him as I used to feel. For a long time I think I would even be to uncomfortable to sleep in the same room as him, if eh would sleep over some time. And we had to build our trust up again. But I do miss it. Everything. How we used to be. How comfortable we used to be with each other. We even used to sleep in the same bed and snuggle with one another. I don't it will ever be like that again. And that's what I really miss.

I miss Eli. The sweet, loving and caring Eli. The Eli who loved Docter Who? so much. The Eli who used to sleep with me in the hospital bed when he had a nightmare. The Eli who loved reading comic books and loved superheroes. I will miss him. A lot. But I would be happy if we even had the slightest chance to go back to a bit like normale. And build a friendship. And I think Hawk would also want that. Or at least I hope so....

But, lets go back to what I was talking about befor drifting off. Eli is acting around me. All... flustered. Shy. Nervous. As a lovestruck schoolgirl. Does he have a crush on me? No, he would never have that. Never. Actually never. I mean, look at him. Going out with the most famous girls of the school, he is now faired by the greatest bullies of the school. He is even a bully himself. Why would he ever have a crush on me?! Never. Why would he lower himself to ever like someone like me? I mean, yes, I the still would've been Eli, I would've understand. But not now he is Hawk. No, how could he even lower himself to go back to his nerdy friend? Maybe there was no actual hope. Just my fantasy...

That were the thoughts going around in my brain the morning I woke up. I woke up way to early and totally wasn't tired, so I could think for a very long time. Not that I wanted to, but it kinda just happend. You can't actually stop yourself from thinking. It just happens, and I can't help it that fucking Eli pops into my mind! Just like thinking it just happens. Maybe it cause of i'm used to think about him. When he was Eli. Not Hawk. I don't hate Hawk, but don't like him either. For some reason I like how he is now. All flustered around me. All shy and nervous. He doesn't beat me up, or even says a nasty word. He probably will, ever, but I don't think soon. I still don't know why he was like that around me, but I kinda like it. It makes me feel not so helpless as I am.

~*~

After I ate my breakfast, I quickly grap all my stuff for school and put it in my backpack. I swing it over my shoulder and walk out. ''Bye mom!'' I yell befor leaving. ''Bye honey!'' She yelled back. Then I walked out of the house, walking into the direction off the school. I putted in my earbuds and putted on some music I like (I dunno what he likes as in music so I will just choose >:) ). I started muttering along the song, not actually watching where I was going.

(Totaly not necessary but how did they learned all these karate moves so good and fast. I did 1 and a half year Teakwondo and i'm way not as good as them, while most of them learned like those good moves in a week of two-)

I started singing along the song. "We grow up in a city that can't see..." I sang (the song up, I Found You). I closes my eyes and just enjoyed the song. Just enjoy it till I bumped into something. I looked up, but the sun shined in my eyes, which made it more difficult to see who it was. ''Oh, i'm sorry!'' We said in unison. "I am really sorry!" The other said and helped me up. At that moment, I got a good look at him. Oh shit... It's Eli. I gulped, not actually know what to do but I just pretended to be calm. Our faces were only two inches apart. I saw him blush. I smiled softly at him. "It's okay.'' I said after we pulled away, Eli still flustered. Hawk looked like a little puppy who just did something wrong which caused me to giggle. "W-What's so f-funny?" Eli said quickly. This is what I ment earlier. He gets all nervous and shy and stuttery (its no word I know) around me. ''I never saw you this flustered." I said, smiling bright. I was still giggling slightly. "How come?"

"N-nothing..." Eli said. I felt like he was ditching my qeustion. "I... uhm... want to thank you for helping me with t-that panic attack..."he muttered. "Uhm... no problem, I geuss..." I love how he stutters. It makes him look cute. With his flushed face. Red cheeks. It's matching so much and it looked cute. An awkward silent fell down. Non of us knew what to say I geuss. It was very very awkward. "Shouldn't you go to s-school?" Eli finally spoke up. Jesus, did he want to get rid of me so bad? I snickered at my own thought. "Nah, I think i'm gonna skip school today. And so are you..." I looked him into the eyes, just befor he faced away. "I mean, school is the opposite way." Eli looked so fragile at the moment. So fragile to be broken so easily and be never made again. Never again. It made me wanna protect him from anything bad in the world. Just like I used to do when we were still friends. Back then I used to protect him from every small thing he was scared of. I would hug him if he was scared of his memories. I let him sleep in my bed if he had nightmares or was afraid of the dark. But that was in the past. This was happening right now.

"Y-Yeah... I didn't felt well and I didn't felt like telling my parents cause they would want me to stay home and treat me like a sick little child or they would kick me out to go to school. At least, that is what my dad would do." "I understand." I said. I didn't really knew his dad, but I didn't heard the best things about him. "But what brought you here? So close to my house?" I saw he struggled with answering that qeustion. But still I was curious about it. What was he doing here so close to my house? Why would he want to be here? Eli looked down at the ground, clearly thinking. I was very curious what he would be thinking right now. Wouldn't it be could to read people their minds?

(nO)

"I don't know. I passed this place on my walk to I don't know where." He simply said. Okay...? Could be. I mean he used to come here a lot. So maybe if he was drowned in thoughts or didn't noticed where eh was going, it could be a possibility. Eli was still facing the floor, looking like he had just zooned out. He was just staring into space. "Eli? You okay?" That shock him away for a bit again. He faced up, as if he was just woken up from a dream by someone. He didn't answere. We looked into each other's eyes for a bit. I tried to seek any emotion in them. They were still there. I could see pain and confusion in them. I wanted to just pull him into a hug, whisper nice words into his ear and kiss hi- wait what?! No wait I didn't say that!

Ah (that will be the only thing I say)

~Your author