Fifty Three- Mr and Mrs Smith

"So tell me," Aelin said as she bit into a big block of chocolate, "When did all of this start?" She asked as she idly licked her fingers before reaching out to grab another piece. Her heist was interrupted when her mate, Rowan slapped her hand away. She shot him an irritated glare before crossing her hands over her chest and leaning back against her chair.

Feyre shot her a grin before tossing a bag of chocolates at her, Aelin caught it in one go. "At least someone's gotten her priorities straight," she said to Rowan before untying the bag.

"We don't know exactly when," Rhysand said answering her question, "It was only when we found a Vlag infested body that we realized the threat was here,"

Aelin raised an eyebrow. It was Rowan who asked, "Vlag infested body?"

Rhysand nodded, "Kaira managed to locate traces of Vlag energy in it, we got so far as to warning the rest of the High Lords about the threat and increasing security but it turns out that the Vlag still found a way. More bodies were discovered,"

My attention snapped to him at that. He never mentioned anything about finding more bodies.

Rowan was staring at me again, that peculiar expression over his features as if he was figuring out what to do with me.

"The Vlag in our world inhabited a body through a collar or ring," Dorian said raising his eyebrows in the process, "How exactly did the Vlag attack these victims?"

"Through the heart," I said recalling the faint traces of power left over. I plowed on with an explanation on how the power had tried to spread and how it had killed the victim in the process, "In the end it looks like the Vlag prince failed and," I said turning to look at Rhysand, "considering the other victims their means of entering the host had been the same,"

Dorian shook his head, "Sometimes the Vlag prince manages to drive the host to a state of mania they end up killing themselves,"

I only shrugged, slightly irritated that Rhysand hadn't disclosed any of the information to me. Then again I couldn't blame him seeing that I was hiding a lot of information myself, "It could be an actual suicide but I didn't get the opportunity to see the bodies so I guess we'll never know,"

I could see the lines in his face tighten as the High Lord avoided my gaze.

Aelin noticed the small exchange but decided to not comment on it. "Anyways," she said as she wiped her fingers on the sides of her pants, "Has anyone in Prythian ever fully encountered a Vlag Prince?"

Rhysand shook his head, "Not as of yet although we do know that Orcus is here,"

The three newcomers exchanged anxious looks amongst themselves. "I told you we had to bring Yerene with us,"

"Chaol wouldn't let her come because she's pregnant again and he can't look after baby Dorian alone," Dorian said throwing his hands in the air.

Aelin sniggered from beside him, "Anyone named Dorian can't be left alone unattended,"

The young King shot her a glare but she ignored him before turning back to us, "Our first order of business is to find Orcus- maybe if we got to him first we could stop the rest of his army,"

"That's exactly what we thought," Mor said, "Kaira had come across him once," she stopped and turned to look at me, "And where exactly was that?" She asked looking confused. It dawned on me that I hadn't told them where I happened to see the King of the Vlag and I mentally shook myself. Just another reason to come across as suspicious. "In the Autumn Court, he was conspiring with Beron. At the moment I didn't know if it was Orcus himself but later on I did," I said awaiting the oncoming onslaught of accusatory glares.