BEST FRIEND? - Jack

Y/n's laughter was heard in her room as she stared at her best friend, Jack, dancing around with his arms waving. A huge smile stretched across her lips as she watched Jack jump up and down to the beat of the music.

He stopped dancing for a moment and stood in front of her bed where she sat, pulling her up causing her to laugh.

Jack nudged her with his hip, urging her to dance with him. Y/n and Jack had been best friends since she moved from New york. He was the first person to greet her and your her first friend. There friendship progressed quickly.

It went from small talk at lunch, to hanging out with him after his hockey practices, to being attached to the hip. (Not literally)

The pair fell onto the mattress once the song was over.

Jack let out a loud breath, folding his hands over his shoulders and turned his head to look at y/n with a smirk.

"What?" Y/n questioned as she turned her head to the side.

"What are you staring at" Y/n asked, poking a finger on his forehead causing him to chuckle.

Y/n prodded again, finally getting him to talk. "You know your like the best friend i've ever had?" Jack said, turning fully on his side, smiling at her. Her smile falters in thought. Friend...

She nodded, putting on a fake smile. Jack stopped smiling, he knew the difference between a real and a fake smile.

"Do you not wanna be friends with me?" The words left his mouth earlier than he had had wanted it to come out. Y/n quickly was sat upright and looking at him. A small gasp left her mouth, worry crossing her face. "What-no, what! Unless that's what you want." Y/n replied panicking.

Her phone dings and Ellie's name popped up but looked away, reminding herself to answer her later.

Shaking his head, he responds. "No, of course not, love" . Y/n looks to the floor rubbing her hands together. She was worried Jack didn't want to be friends anymore as he was one of the popular guys.

It would be a big issue as she had fallen hard for the boy. Both physically and mentally. "Jack? what's up?" y/n questioned, a hand going to his upper arm and squeezing it lightly.

"I wanna ruin our friendship," Jack says, his body turned to her. "I-I understand, I really do, if you don't feel the same." Jack said stuttering a little. "You're my best friend, but, I really like you. Like more then a friend" He explained, eyes falling to the floor once again.

Y/n froze not knowing what to do. Shes been wanting this since, well forever. The moment had surprised her good. She smiled and grabbed his hands, intertwining their fingers together.

It's silent for a moment before y/n pulls him to look at her. "Jack?" She ask softly, and he hums in response. "Can I kiss you?" Jack looks at her, not responding and only leans in, connecting her lips with his softly.

It was like a puzzle piece, there lips were made for each other. It sounds cheesy but it's true. She ran her fingers through his soft hair, laughing into the kiss.

After 10 seconds, Jack chuckles as he pulls away. "So...what does this mean?" He questions, looking in her eyes. Knitting her brows together, she pursed her lips. "Well, it means I fell for a certain hockey boy, and maybe go on a date?"

The last part she squeaked out, and Jack smiles widely and grabs her face connecting their lips once again.