Chapter 14 : I Want You

Start from the beginning

He smiled at her. She was so adorable. And he was in awe of every damn thing about her.

"Acha. Aur bata deta to tum kya karti?" he asked, holding both her arms and leaning into the car.

"Main ache se taiyaar hoti na" she said.

"Kyu? Kise impress karna hai?"

A blush crept up her cheeks and she let out a gasp.

"Chalo" he led the way inside.

His home. It was just like him. Elegant, classy, huge, and certainly different than the one she lived in. She eyed around the interior. It screamed perfection. Just like him.

She couldn't help but compare how different her world is from his. And it paved the way for her insecurities. He was class apart than her. He could easily get someone better than her. Someone who is more beautiful, classy, and elegant. Just like him.

"Come back to Earth darling." he snapped his fingers in front of her eyes,breaking her chain of thoughts.

She listened to him in awe as he told her how he ended up planning a whole dinner thing at his home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

" Sidharth" she said, as they lay in his balcony, looking at the sky and the whole city lights that looked so ethereal. It was almost ironic how people powerful enough to buy one entire locality, and people as weak as the ones struggling to find one corner for themselves to spend the night, appeared like little ants making their way down an anthill. Like the existence of mankind itself was a question to ponder upon.

"Bolo"

"Have you ever fallen in love?" she asked, out of nowhere.

He turned his head to her side, and pulled her close, letting his arms snake around her waist.

"Maybe. I don't know." he said, taking a step back, caging her from behind.

"I think I did, I mean, at that time, I thought I really had found love. But now that I look back, I feel I was wrong." he said, keeping his chin on her shoulder.

This physical comfort that they had started sharing was a new thing. She didn't anyone before to give her this. And for some reason, these simple acts meant so much more to her than sleeping together. These simple actions of comfort with him held more intimacy than the sex she has had.

"What about you?" he whispered into her ear. It sent goosebumps all over her skin. She was lost for a moment, she wanted to capture this moment in her heart forever.

"I don't know. Maybe I've been as wrong as you." she said. He nodded in understanding.

"Do you believe in the idea of love? I mean, obviously everyone does. But do you believe that every soul out there has a mate that it keeps searching for?" she asked.

"Some time ago, if you would have asked me this, sweetheart, I'd have told you that love is a facade. And I'd have denied about believing in any such thing point blank. But now, I've come to a realisation that its not love that cheats. Its the person we choose to fall for, who does the wrong, and we blame it on love. "he said.

Turning her around, he looked her in the eyes and continued," I think being in love is a beautiful place to be in. If we cease to believe in love, why would we even want to live? "he said.

She hummed in approval. He was right. It wasn't love that cheats us. It was the person, or the situation that screws us up.

"Chal.." he said dragging her inside the room.