Edge (Anime!Characters x Suicidal!Reader)

Pokémon One-shot

Edge (Pokémon Anime Characters x Suicidal!Reader)

For no one, I guess.. I wanted to write something, so go on and read! But you've read the title. Suicidal. So for those who are, it's triggering, sorry. And for those who aren't, read at your own risk. The ending? See for yourself!

~*~*~

You swung your legs in the air. You sat at the edge of the tallest building in (Region). It was almost a hundred floors high and you got the view of the whole city, even further, at your spot.

The building just so happens to be where the PokéWorld Leader Meeting room is. You were part of that group of course, and you went up the roof to get some fresh air and cool down. But instead of that, you felt the desire to fly. To experience the feeling of being in the air, then BAM feel numb forever.

"Sweets." You heard a member say strongly, he was Steven Stone of Hoenn. His voice rang out towards you. But you closed your eyes softly and listened to the faint sound of cars running on the street hundreds of feet below you.

You listened to the air,

To the sound of cars,

And tried to not listen to them.

But Steven went on, "You don't have to do this."

"Why shouldn't I?" You countered, "I don't have to do anything. Including listening to you." You said calmly, you felt the air bring strands of hair to your face but you didn't brush them away. Nor did you brush Steven away. You listened.

"Dudette, why would you really need to do this?" Now it was Brendan, "It- . . It's just wrong!" He emphasises. You couldn't help the smirk that was tugging on your lips.

"Of course it's wrong Brendy~." You cooed, "Everything I do is always wrong, anyways." You muttered in addition. Brendan was left speechless soon after.

You could hear an aura forming behind you, and you knew it was Aaron. The aura, though wasn't his comforting cool one, instead it was a nervous deathly serious one. It almost caught you off-guard but you reminded yourself. You're tired, (Y/n), don't keep hesitating. Don't wait 'till you're shattered.

"Lass, this is not an honourable death." He said coolly. You laughed sadistically, "Oh Aaron, I don't think anyone cares about honour where I'm going."

"(Y/n), please. Just listen to us and walk away from the edge." At the mention of 'Edge' from Paul, you remembered it more clearly now, the desire to jump and fly. With your eyes closed, you shifted weight. And now you felt half of yourself balancing over edge, you couldn't feel the floor anymore with your right hand.

"(Y/N)! THIS ISN'T A WAY TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!" Ash yelled, being the hero all over again. However you frowned, you didn't want a hero, just a happy ending, and yet not even Arceus was kind enough to give you that.

"But it is a way to solve all of them, isn't it?" You said back.

"We'll miss you." Lance said quietly. Your face almost turned irritated until you realised the reality.

"You'll get over it." You spat. "I'm on the edge.

"I've been on the edge for years now,

"I've been waiting,

"Waiting,

"And waiting,

"And sometimes people just can't wait anymore."

"(Y/n), please- we love you."

"I... I love you all too..." A tear streamed down your eye, "I always have," it dripped from your cheek "If only you all really did." You silenced their comebacks into screams then a blaring sound to nothing.

Maybe you could've stopped.

Maybe if you heard them say it you wouldn't've done this.

But they didn't. No one cared. They're all still in the meeting room not knowing what happened as you imagined them actually caring. Actually trying to stop you.

You could've waited.

But you were on the edge.

And nobody could balance that long without something to hold onto.

~*~*~