AU - Spades,Hearts,Clovers,Diamonds

"Hitsuki!" Her second brother grabs Hitsuki and spins her around.

"A-Ack Shukichi!" Hitsuki sputters out.

"I missed you!" He grins. "How's the marriage thing?"

"I found myself a fiancé," Hitsuki manages to squeak out.

"Really?" His wife gasps. "Who?"

"Uh, the prince of cloves..." Hitsuki mumbles.

"ROYALTY???" Her brother gasps. "THAT'S INCREDIBLE!"

"The Prince of Clovers?" His wife blinks in awe. "That is incredible,"

"It is isn't it?" Hitsuki mumbles. "I lost a coin flip to him,"

"Ah yikes," Her brother grimaces. "At least you won't be waging war with them,"

"True..." The castle's trumpets blare as the three turn their heads. Shuichi walks over to them.

"Brother,"

"Brother." Shuichi nods. "Sister in law,"

"Your highness," She nods.

"Am I... missing something?" Shukichi questions.

"Ah yeah," Hitsuki notes. "My fiancé's coming over today,"

"Huh?"

"Yeah. He's actually already at the castle gates." Shuichi notes.

"Already?"

"A servant's escorting him to the board room right now. I would like Shukichi and Masumi to join us," Shuichi speaks. "With Citra of course."

"Alright," Shukichi grins. "You're free to wander around for a while alright Yumi-tan?"

"Some freedom," She rolls her eyes playfully before kissing his cheek. "See you later Chukichi,"

The three meet up with the little sister halfway through their way to the room.

"Masumi,"

"Hi-nee!" She latches onto Hitsuki and she grins. "Congrats on the husband!"

"It feels more like a war treaty than anything," Hitsuki grumbles.

"Well, at least you're getting a husband,"

"I hate it," Hitsuki grumbles.

"Father... Mother," Shuichi pauses at the sight of their parents. "You made it..."

"Well our daughter was going to get married, it's not like we have much of a choice either," their mom grumbles.

"Admit it, mom, you just want to know who I'm getting married to. Also get a good spar out of it," Hitsuki grins.

"You got her," Their dad laughs. "Let's go in, shall we?"

They open the doors (More like gates at this point) and head in. Hiro had brought his family as well. Though his parents had passed from an assassination a while back. They get up and bow quickly, a shake of hands, and then they start settling on marriage terms.

"We aren't giving Hitsuki to you guys," Shuichi establishes. "She's still princess of this country even if she becomes queen of yours"

"Of course," Koumei nods. "Likewise with my brother."

"I also wish to establish that if I find a single mark of harm on Hitsuki's skin from being in your country, there will be measures taken," Her second brother adds.

"Anything else?"

"If I do not fall in love with the prince before the engagement's announcement then I don't wish to carry out with the engagement," Hitsuki speaks. "There's no point in a loveless marriage."

"Agreed," Hiro smiles. "though I doubt that will be an issue for us, princess."

Hitsuki rolls her eyes and the two families go over other things. Eventually, the topic settles upon kids.

"If Hitsuki is to bear children, then I believe that you be there with her to raise them." Mary speaks. "I will not accept anything less."

"Of course," Hiro smiles.

"Do not force yourself upon Hitsuki-nee-chan," Masumi speaks. It's the first time that she makes an order the entire afternoon. "If she does not wish to bear you children then you mustn't force her to."

"Of course," Hiro nods. "It would only make sense to respect a lady,"

"The eldest child will be reserved for the throne of diamonds," Shuichi speaks. Citra nods in agreement.

"If you two do not bear children then I expect the princess to look the same throughout her life. A single sullen look and you will be beheaded," Citra adds.

The engagement details go on for ages before the finally shake hands upon the terms.

"Bring the dagger," Hitsuki pulls up her sleeve and Hiro mirrors her. The servants bring in the daggers and a servant preps some wax. The two slit their wrist and add a drop of their blood to the wax. A symbol of agreement, unity, and loyalty. The engagement details are secured in the letter and sealed off with their crests.

"When's the announcement?" Hitsuki raises a brow. Shukichi calls the royal announcer over with a smile.

"Let the public know that the princess has gotten engaged,"

"Will do your highness," The announcer rushes off to the carriage prepared beforehand.

"When's the wedding?"

"When the assassins stop trying to kill me," Hitsuki frowns. "When?"

"Next month perhaps?"

"Of course,"

So with the announcement of the engagement, the tale closes just as it had ended. The called engagement, a stolen kiss, and a fleeting night. Except this marriage wouldn't fall like the previous one. This one was set in blood after all. And for once, Hitsuki didn't mind.

-✿-

Fun facts:

IM DONEEEEEE AAAAAAAAA
A blood seal is an old tradition for the diamonds to seal their loyalty
Shaking hands is a symbol of agreeance, sealing the letter is a symbol of commitment
Hitsuki isn't being pressured to have kids since Mary knows how painful it is to raise children.
There are special daggers that are used to letter sealing

Author's note:

Heads up everyone, next week the shorts book will not have an update. I gave up on the white day special, take the Limoncello valentines's short instead. After Limoncello's chapter you will be getting a main fic update on Friday. Please bear with me, Gosho hasn't updated in awhile so uh, take a chapter from scratch <3