Rough Drafts and Scrapped Plans

Originally the OC was supposed to be Champagne and the male interest was supposed to be Bourbon. The idea was later scrapped when I remembered that there were borderline zero Scotch fics and nOPE I NEED TO WRITE FOR HIM HE'S UNDERRATED AND I LOVE HIM.

Then there was a draft where Limoncello was the OC and had no male interest but then the fic was supposed to be self-indulgent so I was like no I don't like that either.

THEN there was a draft where Rosé wasn't related to Akai and was related to the Kudos instead. But then that idea is pretty repetitive in the Detective Conan fandom here on wattpad and if Hitsuki was going to be a Kudo then she would have to be adopted. But Mary can actually have a child her age since we know Shuichi is 32-31 ish. But then ultimately I needed her to take a hit so I decided to have her (spoilers). Not a fun experience.

Then I reached my current state, except Rosé didn't have a branch and she didn't work with anyone close to her. Limoncello was added back in to be close to her, and while I planned for her to get an enemies to lovers style romance for her and Bourbon or Rye, that didn't end up happening yet. Not sure if I'll be able to add that in. Maybe during a movie special or something. Ooh, movie 20 perhaps?

Then I added Whiskey. Whiskey was supposed to be the doctor part of Rosé but then if I made Rosé a mary sue then I'd be screwed over. Whiskey was not the magic, she was simply incredible at manipulating human body parts into thinking that it's a certain way instead of another way. Whiskey is the doctor from hell who can pull just about anyone back to life. Also, Whiskey looks eerily young despite her all-nighters so that's another creepy thing.

I had a crisis deciding if I should add Champagne. She's essentially the head of the branch now. Though she isn't actually part of the branch, she holds significant power over the people in the branch. Not fear, power. Champagne is also close with the boss and the (spoiler). She's efficient and terrifying. She doesn't leave a single trace anywhere she goes. Now Champagne was supposed to be with Bourbon. But Limoncello is... yeah. Champagne will probably remain single. Not to mention that I still need to figure out if she's (spoiler).

I had reached it, 12am on a Saturday and was ecstatic. I didn't even write an outline I just rolled with it in the fic. So, if you ever wonder why on earth is it so messy just remember that it was started purely on spite. Love you lots! <3