Prompt - Cranes

Thousand crane legend - If you fold a thousand cranes then you can make a wish and it'll come true

(Maybe Canon? jkjk)

-☄︎☪︎☄︎-

"What number is that?" 16-year-old Shuichi leans over her chair and she sighs.

"994," Hitsuki's fingers work and she mumbles. "just 6 more..."

"You need to sleep," Shuichi lifts her and she whines.

"Please! Let me do the last 6!" Hitsuki cries.

"Why are you even folding all these? It's not like you have something to wish for right now" Shuichi hauls her over his shoulder and takes her to her room.

"Last 3!" Hitsuki whines and Shuichi takes it out of her hand.

"Bedtime. You have class tomorrow morning," Shuichi tucks her in bed and closes the light. "You can continue tomorrow morning."

"Hmph," Hitsuki rolls over on her bed and waits for the shuffling in the house to cease. She turns on her lamp and folds her final two cranes. Shukichi finds her sprawled out on her bed in the morning and Shuichi sighs. This girl.

-⧖-

"Scotch? Scotch?!" Hitsuki shakes Hiro's dead body.

"Shit!" Zero glares at Rye's retreating figure.

"Leave. Please Bourbon, leave," Hitsuki stares up at the full moon. Bourbon leaves and Hitsuki sighs.

"Under the thousand cranes and full moon, I wish that he would come back to life... please!"

The corpse shines and turns into dust at her hands. She screams, and the sound echoes through the air. Whiskey stares at the body on her operating table. This man... was Hitsuki's fiancé no? She feels for a pulse and gets to work when nothing is felt.

-⧖-

Hitsuki reunites with her fiancé the day she sends her letter home. The organization was finally taken down, and her branch had gotten out of it unscathed.

"Six years down the drain! At least I don't need to run off and go into hiding," Whiskey grumbles. "Like, someone thank Bourbon for existing. The PSB saved all of us,"

"Haha makes sense," Hitsuki groans. "How about the others?"

"You'll see," Whiskey blinks at her phone. "Alright, I've got something to do, see you later."

"See you," Hitsuki looks at the setting sun and sighs. They're gone yet they took more than she would've liked them to...

A pair of hands cut off her vision and she sputters. "W-who?"

"Guess," his voice is of her fiancé's and she sighs.

"Using that choker to make me feel better isn't exactly fun you know?" Hitsuki lifts the hands off her eyes and turns to face the man. "H-Hiro?"

"Hi..." He stares at her softly and she blinks and reaches for his face out of instinct.

"H-HIRO?" She feels his face and cries. "Hiro!"

"Shh..." He holds her closely and kisses her forehead. "I'm here, I'm not leaving this time,"

-⧖-

"You once folded one thousand cranes." Shuichi peers at the girl. "Did your wish come true?"

"..Yes," Hitsuki smiles at her brother. "It did."