Chapter 24: The End Of The Beginning

Start from the beginning

Shoto fell on his knees and cried. He screamed in agony and kept slamming the ground with his fist. "A-All of this was just so... stupid!" He shouted. "W-Why is i-it always like this? Why c-can't I enjoy my time li-like the others? W-Why can't I smile like the others?! Why do I always have to feel p-pain inside of m-my heart?!" He cried more as his tears poured from his eyes. "All of this was just one big waste time!" Shoto yelled. He understood that mere clones can't fill the void in his heart. It's impossible and he felt angry and sad that he even tried something so foolish.

Once he calmed down, Shoto stood up and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and saw his face, the face he grew to hate so much, specifically his scarred left side.

"Mom, I'm going crazy... I can't take it anymore. Every day, the children seem to become more and more like him... Shoto's... That child's left side sometimes looks very unsightly to me... I can't raise him anymore... I feel like I shouldn't..."

His mother's words came to him. He could never forget her words. They were same words he heard before his own mother gave him the scar he has till today, and he couldn't help but agree with her. He couldn't blame her because he too despised his left side that reminded him of his father, the root of all of his suffering. Shoto then decided that it was enough crying for today and washed his face. After that, he went back to the playground to return the ball to Natsu's room. After all, he didn't want his father to know that he was playing instead of training, and it was also his brother's soccer ball and he wanted to return it back to its owner.

"Maybe I need to train more on my ice clones technique. It could help a lot when I become a Hero, especially when I won't be using his fire. It's not as perfected as I thought today, but some training could help." He murmured as he walked back to the playground.

"Hey, do you want to play with me?" Another voice around Shoto's age asked.

Shoto looked toward the voice's owner and saw a kid with green and messy hair and emerald eyes. He had freckles on his face and a million dollars smile. That said kid was holding the soccer ball Shoto was playing with earlier and looking at him.

"Me?" Shoto asked with confusion.

"Yes, or don't you want to play?" The kid asked.

Shoto looked surprised for a moment and his eyes widened. He teared up again but this time they were tears of happiness.

"Yes! I want to play with you!" Shoto immediately replied and smiled back at the boy, as he rubbed his tears.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's nice to meet you!" The boy said as he extended his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Shoto... Shoto Todoroki." Shoto returned the handshake.

"Then Todoroki, from now on we're friends."

"Yes!" Shoto simply responded, before he and Izuku began to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoto finally opened his eyes to see a white ceiling. His head was still fuzzy and he couldn't quite remember what happened before he passed out. Weird, why did I have this dream? He thought as he noted that this dream he just had, was pretty weird. He then remembered the Sports Festival! He was fighting Izuku in the finals. He quickly sat on his bed and let out a groan. Yup, his head was pretty messed up.

"Easy there, sonny. You're all fine and healed now but take it easy." Came the voice of Recovery Girl.

Shoto placed a hand on his forehead, until he started to feel the headache slowly fading. He scanned the room around him and figured out that he was in the infirmary. He also spotted Izuku sleeping in another bed. "How long was I out for?" Shoto asked.