18

Kimora's POV

"Mommy." I mumble as I walk into the living room of our Portland apartment.

"Yes babygirl?" Mommy asks

"I don't feel so good." I mumble.

"Well your sick baby." Mommy says as I walk into her arms. "You're not gonna feel good."

"This sucks." I mumble.

"I know you wanted to go to camp, but you need to get better."

I'm missing SheBelieves camp because I have an upper respiratory infection and the flu.

Probably shouldn't have ran in the rain.

Luckily I have Mommy and Kyra to hang with so it's not so bad to miss the camp.

"Still Sucks." I mumble.

"I know sweetie." Mommy says then she kisses my head. "Go lay on the couch while I get your food and a drink."

"Thank you." I mumble then I walk over to the couch and lay down with my twin.

"Hey MoMo." Kyra says as I cuddle into her.

"Hello." I mumble. "You're warm."

I'm the last one of the family to get the flu so hopefully I'm not gonna give the flu to them.

"Thanks." Kyra says as she giggles.

"How's your girlfriend?" I ask.

After Kyra and Jordyn's Post-CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying Championship final date, they went on five dates over the next two dates and before Jordyn went to Paris Kyra asked her to be her girlfriend and Jordyn said yes.

"She's good." Kyra says as she plays with my curls. "They lost last night to France, but other than that she's good."

"Dat's good." I mumble. "Is the game on?"

The US plays England in their first match of SheBelieves.

"It will be in a few minutes." Kyra says.

"Yay." I mumble then I feel another pair of fingers in my hair.

"Sit up baby." Mommy says. "You need to eat."

"Okay." I mumble then I sit up.

Once I'm sat up, Mommy hands me my egg drop soup and a sprite then I start eating my food as the game starts.

"Mommy are you going to be in LA for the trial next month?" Kyra asks.

"If the doctor allows it then I will, but that all depends on your little sister." Mommy says.

"I can't wait to meet Charlie." I say then I lean into my twin and eat my soup. "Imma be a good big sister."

"You'll both be great big sisters." Mommy says.

"Are you, Mama, and Mom okay?" Kyra asks. "We kinda heard you three's fight before they left."

"We're fine baby." Mommy says. "It was just the hormones."

"Good." Kyra says. "I don't like when you three fight."

"We rarely fight Kyra." Mommy says.

"I'm done." I say after finishing my soup.

Mommy nods then she takes my bowl from me.

"Well it looks like you're appetite is coming back." Mommy says as I lean back into my twin.

"Thank fuck." I say then I put my hand over my twins mouth. "Don't shout for Mom and Mama."

"You suck." Kyra mumbles.

"Shush." I say as I turn my head to watch the game. "Mom and Mama are on."

My sister chuckles then she kisses my head.

"Never change MoMo." Kyra says. "Never Change."

- - - - -

"Bubs." Mom says from the doorway of my room. "It's time to go."

Mom and Mama got back yesterday from SheBelieves, which they won.

"Okay." I say. "Does this look Okay?"

"Yeah Bubs." Mom says. "You look good."

"Thanks." I mumble then I adjust my blazer.

I'm signing for Portland today.

"You'll be fine." Mom says as she hands me my phone and wallet.

I take my phone and wallet from my Mom then I follow her out of my room and to the living room

"Ooh" Mama says then she adjusts my shirt. "You look spiffy."

"Thanks Mama." I say. "You really have to leave tomorrow?"

"Sadly I do baby." Mama says. "But you'll see me at the April camp or when you're sister is born...Whichever comes first."

"Fine." I sadly mumble. "But I want cuddles tonight."

"That can definitely be arranged." Mama says.

I smile at my Mama then my family and I leave our apartment and head down to the car

Once at the car we get in then Tobin drives us to the Thorns Stadium.

"They're are gonna think I got signed just because I'm your daughter aren't they?" I question.

"Honestly." Tobin says. "It's a possibility."

"Great." I mumble.

"It'll be okay." Tobin says. "You've shown them in training that you more than deserve to be on the field with them."

"Okay." I mumble as we pull into the parking garage where the players park.

Tobin sighs and pats my shoulder as she parks in a spot then the five of us get out of the car, grab our things, and head to the stadium.

When we get to the stadium we head to the front office.

"There's the Heath Family." Some white dude says.

The Mom's greet the white dude, a different white dude, and Mark, then I shake hands with the white dude, the different white dude, and Mark.

I think the the two white dude's I don't know are the Owner and the GM of the Thorns.

"You ready to make this official?" Mark questions

I nod then I sit down with him and the Thorns' owner.

Once I'm sat down, I read over my contract and make sure the Thorns didn't take anything out of my contract that I had negotiated to be included.

Thankfully the contract is correct and it includes one of the main clauses I wanted included in the contract which is the players rights clause.

The Players Rights clause is a clause I added that states that if I were to leave the NWSL and the Thorns then neither the NWSL or the Thorns would retain my player rights and unless I joined the league again, my rights will be nonexistent.

I added that clause because I'm not going to be treated like some white man's property.

After I've looked over the contract, I look up and nod while looking at my Mom's.

I'm telling them the contract is exactly like I wanted.

My Mom's give me a thumbs up so I pick up a pen then sign where I need to sign.

After I sign my contract, I take pictures with the Thorns' owner, GM, and Mark then I take pictures with my family.

Once the pictures are done, we head to the equipment room where I get handed my jersey.

I'm wearing the number 14 jersey and my first name's on the back of my jersey.

"Mom's and Dad would be proud of you." Kyra whispers.

"I know." I mumble. "I just wish they could see this."