Ancient Brotherhood Secrets

The new me had every material thing within my grasp. It could have easily ended there, but with the crazy rich, there is always something better to do. 

Carlos had bigger plans in mind, our story didn't end in luxurious gowns and mingling with powerful people. While under his tutelage I was also trained to understand the art of war and the knowledge of self-defense.

At first, I honestly thought that the training was for mere protection against kidnappers. But after several weeks have passed, it became clear that the physical and mental training I was being subjected to was so vast, my mind isn't able to fully grasp it yet. 

The Great Hall, from the Southwest, Metropolitan Club, 1999 © Jim Dow

My training began during the wintertime, 2 years before Carlos went missing and was declared dead. 

We met in New York. I wore a red leather jacket with black pants. With long and wavy curly brown hair. He told the company driver to drop me at 1 East 60th Street. A social club for the elite named The Great hall is found at the Southwest, Metropolitan Club.

This was known as the " Millionaire's Club' and notable members like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, and a whole lot more frequently led meetings here. Originally, it was only built for men, but eventually, women were allowed to enter.  

Led inside the room, Carlos motioned for me to sit on the leather chair. 

" Emilia", your influence and connection are so much greater than you perceive. This opens you to numerous attacks from all sides. My enemies have become your enemies because you are frequently by my side. And even with the best camouflage you were still exposed to these enemies. Somehow, they have learned how important you are to me. And because of this, I won't allow you to walk in any city without gaining the skills to protect yourself. 

After he spoke, a man slightly taller than Carlos entered the room. He was wearing a black fitted shirt and black cargo pants. Fit as can be, and with eyes as sharp as a tiger.

" Meet Max Longhorn". 

Together we will train together on how you can best strengthen your mind and body. Max will teach you what he taught me. You will begin your training to boost your inner core and power. 

" Emilia, I trust in you". 

I know you will exceed my expectations on this training. 

***

The mental and physical training commenced the next week.  Carlos took me to a private island somewhere in Paros Greece, where I can begin my training.  I didn't know what was exactly needed of me if I was to simply learn how to properly hold a gun or wield a knife. 

But the training that was set for me, included a holistic approach that began by learning to discipline myself with food. Learning to survive with minimal food resources or water alone. The skill to withstand the pressure of sleep deprivation. And heightening my sensing ability to feel and understand my environment. To notice phenomena that escaped my attention before I met Carlos.