The Revolution

Two nights had passed since their morning. They didn't discuss it. They just laid in bed, and held one another. Sometimes Dean would talk about some of his childhood. Castiel got the idea of John. He would not approve of what he and Dean were doing. He would talk about taking care of Sam, and the weeks spent at Bobby's. Sometimes he would talk about wanting to be in a band, wanting to travel the world, spreading 'the revolution' as he would call it. He talked about how Sammy and him were raised, how they used to get on the impala's back and look up at the stars, and everything would be alright. He would talk about how good life could be, how bad. He talked about his first love, first hate.

He talked about the fire.

Castiel listened at these times.

But mostly, they laid. No sex, no arguments. Just Dean and Cas, intertwined. They hardly even moved, it was too good to end. It only ever stopped when finally Dean decided to pick up his phone when it rang.

"Sammy?"

"Deeee-aaann?

"Whoa, you okay? What's been happenin'?"

"Well. I'll tell you big brother. You haven't called back. I gave up on the hunt. And man, there's magic in tequila." Dean could hear Sam's slurs and hiccups through the phone.

"You gave up? Since when do we give up?"

"I dunno, brutha. Dead end. Couldn't track it, you wouldn't pick up the phone. Couldn't get the uh-uh-uhmmmm--RESEARCH. Right, funny word. Hm..."

"Sam? Sam?"

"Hmm?"

"Stay with me, man. Where are you?"

"Uh, some bar."

"Okay, what bar are you at."

"The uh-uh...oh! O'Malley's I think."

"Okay, hang tight. I'm coming to get you."

"Mhmm. Bye bye Dean-O." Sam disconnected.

"Oh man, he's wasted." Dean shook his head.

"What's happening?" Castiel enquired.

"It's Sam. Can't believe I didn't call. He gave up on the case, apparently. He's at some bar. I'm gonna pick him up. He's in no place to be driving my baby." Dean started dressing, grabbing whatever was closest.

"I'll give you a ride" said Castiel, already climbing out of bed, searching for clothes.

"Thanks." Dean stops. "Cas? Let's not mention our..."

"Our what?"

"C'mon man, you know. Whatever we have going on.."

"Why not?"

"I mean, he may not like the idea of...us. He doesn't have the best reputations with dating monsters, and I--"

"Dean, I am not a monster."

"I-I know that, god I know that. I just mean, he might not think it's...fair."

"We should be honest with Sam. I do not want us to be a secret. I want the world to know."

"Cas..."

An awkward silence fell over the two. Both, half way through with changing, both not wanting to move.

"Are you ashamed of us, Dean?"

"Cas..."

"If you are ashamed, what are we doing here?"

Dean's mouth was agape, he didn't know why he couldn't find the words.

"Do you even want me?"

"Cas...don't say that."

The angel looks into Dean's eyes, betrayed.

"I'll be in the car."