Stay

Dean knew what Cas had said was right. The truth of it cut so deep, he felt his lungs fill with blood. He felt the air leave his body. He was so scared, it was so new, all of it. But the feelings however old or new, felt too real. This is why he didn't want to discuss their future.

"Cas..." He choked on the word.

"Please, Dean."

Dean lowered himself to the floor, for he worried he would soon pass out. Castiel mimicked Dean. He put his hand out to caress the mans face, as if he was trying to heal his wounds. The wounds all of the monsters that dwell in mankind had given him. The wounds that enveloped his brain and constricted his soul. The wounds Castiel knew he could never really heal.

Dean sunk into this gesture, closing his eyes, placing his hand underneath the Angel's. 'Why is it always so hard?' Dean knew he wanted Castiel. Why couldn't he just have him? What made him like this? It was all too much.

It had only been 3 fucking days.

He looked up into Castiel's icy blue stare.

"I will be with you."
----------------------------------------------"Dean. Its sam. Tell me again why I keep getting voice mail? I've got something up here, dude. Call me when you get this." Sam sighed and laid the phone down on the musty oak side table. It had been 3 days and no word from Dean. Dean who always called, always emailed, always texted. Sam was worried. He knew he couldn't just leave a case, but if the circumstances were just enough...nah. Dean was fine, he could feel it deep in his brotherly spidey senses.

The case. Right, the case. He was pretty sure he was hunting a local nest but something felt off. He couldn't put his finger on it, and he needed Dean's input on the situation. Though Dean, was simply no where. That's where he had to be, he would've gotten the damn calls, otherwise.
----------------------------------------------"oh, shit."

"What is it?" Castiel grumbled in the darkness. He turned over to see Dean captivated with a glowing screen.

"It's Sam. He's called like--God--8 times since Friday. Oh, man. What if something's wrong?"

"Mmmm--it's Sam. He's fine. He's strong. He can handle one case on his own." Castiel mumbled into his pillow. He stuck one arm out and grabbed Dean's phone wielding wrist. "Now come back to bed. It's 3 AM. Let's sleep." He said with a tug of the wrist. Dean chuckled half heartedly.

"You don't sleep."

"Okay, lay with me, then."

"I dunno Cas, I really should call Sam..."

"Lay." Castiel commanded. Dean sighed, but still sunk down on the pillow, snuggling into the Angel's chest cavity, Castiel wrapped his arms tight around Dean. His mouth brushing Dean's bare shoulder.

"Don't leave." He whispered into the soft skin.

The bruises made from that morning were still raw, but he and Dean were together. And that was all that really mattered. The quiet wrapped tight around the men, and the night screamed uncertainty. But Castiel didn't care, he decided he was going to make it work. No matter what, he was going to be with Dean Winchester.

He was going to fix Dean Winchester.