Chapter 48- Daddy's Reaction

Leah's P.O.V

I don't know what happened. All I know is that I started to break down. I started crying and screaming, throwing the pillows or whatever was in my way across the room. Daddy was too shocked at my sudden outburst to do anything at first. But then reality struck him and he jumped to his feet and took me into his arms. I just sunk down to my knees and cried and sobbed. I started hitting at his chest with as much power as I could, which wasn't very much since I felt really week. He was trying to hug me to him, but I kept hitting his chest, he was unfazed by me though. He looked at me with hurt in his expression. "Please baby!" He begged helplessly. I stopped and just slumped into his embrace. "Daddy!" I cried into his shirt loudly. He stroked my hair gently. "Shh baby, it's okay baby girl, I'm here. Daddy's here." He said. After about thirty minutes, I finally calmed down. The tears were still on my cheeks though. Daddy sat down on the floor, and brought me into his lap, so I was facing him. He wiped my tears away and I felt his eyes on me and I was looking down at his fingers that I was playing with. It was quiet in the room, all you could hear were my sniffles. "She's not gonna get you baby. I promise you that." He said after a while. "How do you know?" I asked. "Hey look at me." He said gently. I slowly lifted my gaze to meet his. He smiled lightly at me. "I'm Jason McCann." He said. I laughed, he smiled at me. "There goes your beautiful smile." He said. I just smile at him, he wrapped his arm around my back and brought me close to him, so I was leaning into his chest. "No ones ever gonna take you away from me. I promise." He promised as he kissed my head. And I believed him. Because my daddy never broke a promise to me.......

(Three days later)

We were at the court, and I was sitting down with daddy. Justin and Selena and the triplets and Alexis and Amelia were here as well. But me and daddy and his lawyer were sitting down at the desk. The door opened and a lady walked in. But I recognized her as my mother. As soon as I saw her I couldn't look at her, I immediately had to turn away and hide my face into Daddy's arm. He whispered things to me saying how he was going to protect me and I would be okay and that he loved me very much. After a while, the court was in session....
"Before I make a decision would any of you like to prove your point?" The judge asked. My dad stood up. "I deserve full custody of my daughter because she has known me her whole life, she doesn't know that so called 'mother' of hers that is sitting just a couple feet away from her. As soon as she walked in, my daughter couldn't and still hasn't look at her or in her direction, she is scared to death of her." My dad said as he sat down. The judge nodded and looked at my 'mother'. She stood up and started speaking. It was hard to hear her voice, but I managed. "I carried her inside of me for nine months, and I had the decision of putting her under adoption or getting an abortion-" she was cut off by my dad. "Don't ever say that word in front of my daughter ever again!" He snapped at her angrily as he covered my ears with both of his hands, but I could still hear a little bit. He then took his hands off my ears and looked at me with soft eyes. "She didn't say anything alright baby? You don't need to even know what that word means, that word shouldn't even exist in this world." He said gently as he kissed the side of my head. I nodded and played with his fingers from under the table as I heard the lady speaking again. "Would you like to say anything Ms. McCann?" The judge asked me. I shrugged and daddy nodded at me a little. "I don't know that lady she abused me and hurt me when I was little. She's the cause of my brain damage and why everything is harder for me than for anyone else. She's the reason I got bullied when I was younger and didn't have a mother that caused most of the bullying as long with me being the slowest one in the class." I said lowly, but he heard me and nodded. "Would anyone else like to say something?" The Judge asked. Justin stood up and the judge looked at him. "What relation do you have to any of the people involved in the court?" The judge asked. "I'm her adoptive father." He said. The Judge nodded for him to continue. "On her sixteenth birthday, there was an incident, where someone broke into our house and crashed the party. He had grabbed Leah and picked her up. As an affect of a flashback due to her mother, she screamed. She later told me that the flashback causing her to scream when someone picked her up in a certain style, was because her mother locked her in a small room, and set it on fire, neighbors saw the fire and immediately called the fire department. The firefighters made it right on time and got her, but that incident left her both physically and emotionally scarred." Justin finished as he sat back down. The Judge nodded. After ten minutes he decided. "Mr. McCann you have a very known criminal record." He started. I felt daddy tense up beside me and so did his grip on my hand. "Full custody will go to Mr. McCann." He said after a while. I immediately jumped up and into Daddy's arms. He stood up and held me close to him, holding my head close to his shoulder. "I told you." He whispered. "I told you I would keep you no matter what." He said. Just then my 'mother' walked over to us angrily. "I should have gotten an abortion while I could." She sneered at me. Her words hurt me more than ever. Daddy's grip tightened on my body. "Cover your ears baby." He said gently to me. I did as he said and covered my ears. "Don't ever tell my daughter anything like that again. I already told you not to say that word in front of her. You are so lucky we are in a court with a judge and security present, or otherwise you would have regretted what you just said." My dad said angrily. "Now I'm gonna walk out of here and never see you near me or my daughter or property again, or youjt my problem. Not the courts." He said. "In fact" He started. "Excuse me judge?" He asked. The judge looked at him. "I would like a restraining order against this women for those people sitting over there." He pointed to Justin and them. "And me and my daughter." He said. The judge nodded.
"I don't ever want to see her near me again." He said as he looked at the lady with a cold stare. He then pulled back and looked at me,
"You can uncover your ears now baby." He said quietly. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. But all of a sudden, I felt a sting on my cheek. The lady had slapped me. I wish she hadn't though. Because all hell broke loose when she did.

I just hope that my daddy's reaction won't affect him getting full custody over me. What has he done and how will he suffer the consequences for his actions?