Beach

"Uwahh! Look at how pretty the sand looks, Xiao!" Your eyes were practically glowing at the sight of the white sand. As the boy shifted over to look at your phone, you envied the billions of people in the picture before you. It was so cold in winter here, you longed to be on a sunny, sandy beach.

It was the weekend. Finally! Your parents had gone to your uncle's house for the day since your area had gone into the red zone. Instead of tagging along, you stayed at home with Xiao's company. When you had shown the Adeptus the shimmery sand, he merely stared and went back to doing his own thing.

"It's nothing special. I see beaches every time I look out from Wangshu Inn." The male had shrugged while you looked at him in disbelief.

"You have got to be kidding me. I wish I lived by a beach. Instead, I have this." You frowned at the rows of houses on your street.

"Did you want to go to the beach?" Xiao raised an eyebrow at you.

"I don't want to be in the cold." Tapping at your chin, you furrowed your brows. "To be honest, I haven't gone to a beach in a while. Summer was basically cancelled and I don't live near a beach. To add on, I was taking summer school then, so not much time to do whatever I wanted anyways."

After seeing you pout, Xiao had stopped whatever he was doing and walked to sit beside you. The male sighed as he laid his head in your crossed legs. The male closed his eyes, you could have mistaken him for sleeping if you didn't see him lie down. You had sat there in silence. A short while later, Xiao had opened his eyes and sighed.

"Alright, I'll take you to the beach." The boy didn't meet your gaze. You had only looked at him with surprise.

"The beach? It's winter. No beaches are open here. How would we even get there? It's not like I can drive to another country." You bit the inside of your mouth as you thought of how ridiculous this all sounded.

"We don't need to. You forget who I am, (Y/N)." Finally realizing what the Adeptus meant, you sprang up to pack your things. Xiao chuckled as he watched you scurry around.

"We have until 8:30. My parents would want to eat before they come home, meaning they'll be bringing me food. Let's do this." Smiling at your packed bag, pumped your fist towards Xiao. The boy had just watched as he lounged on your bed. He got up lazily and walked towards you. Holding you by your waist, Xiao gave you a mischievous smile. Your blush crept onto your cheeks and to the tips of your ears.

"Hold on, now." Within a flash, warm, green light surrounded you. When you reopened your eyes, the two of you were on a secluded beach. No one was around and there was a small cove to the side.

"Where are we?" Curious, you couldn't see a single house or person around. No signs of humans were found within 100 kilometres.

"We're at a beach. It's not very busy here. Only the locals come here occasionally." Rubbing the back of his head, Xiao gave you a nervous smile.

"Locals? There isn't a sight of a single house!" Throwing your hands into the open space, a small voice caught you off guard.

"Hi! Are you new here?" Slowly turning, you saw a small boy and girl peering up at you. Their eyes were big and round like sand dollars.

"O-oh, yes. We were just visiting the area a-and found this lovely b-beach." You stuttered at your lame excuse.

"That's great! We don't get many visitors here. Welcome to Yuju beach! I'm Alexei and this is my sister, Andrea." The boy's smile lights up your heart as the girl timidly waved at you.

"Did you want to build a sandcastle with us?" Andrea's voice was gentle and soft. It made you giggle and smile at her.

"Of course. I'm (Y/N), this is Xiao." Gesturing to the male beside you, the Adeptus simply stared at the children. Alexei furrowed his brows and cocked your head at him.