Falling for You 2

Waking up the next morning, Xiao was no longer by your side. When you went downstairs, he was not there. It seemed when you searched the entire house, Xiao was nowhere to be found. It worried you to no end. Xiao wouldn't leave without saying goodbye. It's not like the Adeptus would be prone to kidnappings. The male didn't need a reason to leave the house. Finally, you sat back in your room and prepared for class.

"And so this is why x is equal to 7..." You listened to your teachers, but none of it was soaking in. By lunch, there was still no sign of Xiao. Was he mad that you shook him off yesterday? Was he hiding somewhere, in pain? It took you everything to stop your feelings yesterday and now you wished you let them out. Pulling out your phone, you debated on whether to ask your friends for help. In the end, you put the device away and tried your best to focus on class.

"If anyone needs to go out and take pictures, please let me know." Taking this opportunity from your photography teacher, you told him you would be out taking photos. In truth, you were going to look for Xiao outside. You pulled on a cozy outfit and a big coat. You checked your closet for the items the Adeptus had brought with him. They were gone. Panicked, you grabbed another coat and ran outside.

Running to the park, skaters stared at you as you panted. The fields were covered in white snow, with no trace of Xiao. On the swings, there were a few children laughing on the playground. Still, no sign on Xiao. You turned into a trail that led to a nearby forest. You gulped as you set foot on it. The forest wasn't the friendliest looking place, let alone you were walking in it without someone with you. Shivering, a cool breeze brushed at your cheeks.

You wanted to call out the boy's name, but you were too afraid people would notice and think something's wrong. The last you needed was trying to explain how you lost a boy that popped out of a game. The sun started to go down. The class would have ended by now and you were sure your teacher would have asked you where you were. You had hugged your coat tighter towards you as you ventured further into the thicket.

After a short while, you couldn't feel your fingers and toes. You were shaking to the point where you could not shake anymore. Your breathing gets shallow as you watched the small puffs of hot air come from your mouth. As you trudged through the cold, you felt weaker and weaker with each step. It was until the point where you saw black spots in your vision. This trail wasn't particularly long. It was just the cold making it this difficult.

With the last of your strength, you managed to call out "Xiao!". This was it. You felt your body go limp as the ground came near you. Then, there it was darkness.

Xiao side POV:

In the morning, Xiao had woken up with you snuggled against him. He smiled as he recalled your happy expression whenever you would win something/ At first, the male wanted to savour the warmth, but then he remembered yesterday in the snow. The Adeptus quietly got out of the covers and laid you on your soft bed. He took his things from your closet and quickly put them on.

I need to sort out my thoughts, (Y/N). Wait for me. Giving you a soft kiss on your forehead, your words played in Xiao's mind. 'I like you too... a lot, but I can't say that I do.' 'Teyvat needs you. Liyue needs you. They need you more than I do.'

It was true Teyvat needed him. Liyue needed him. His world needed him more than you did. But what about Xiao? He grew upset at how you hadn't considered his needs. The boy needed you more than anything. You were his safe place. His stop button. His escape from reality. The male just wished you would see that.

As Xiao quietly exited the house, he set off into the cold morning. The wind rushed against his skin, piercing the warmth away from him. The Adeptus leaped from house to house, many thoughts running through his head.

"You don't need her. You have us." A voice hissed in his ear. It was a voice Xiao hadn't heard since he started spending time with you. It was sickening to hear it again.

"I don't need you."

"Oh, but you do. Love is weak. Emotions make you weak, Yaksha. Remember what you are, how many lives do you have in your hands?" Xiao clutched at his head. The pain was unbearable, it ate at his very soul.

"Go away!" Leaping towards another house, Xiao growled at the voices. Eventually, he found himself further and further away from your house. The cold no longer bothered the Adeptus as the sun started to go down.

"She must be done with class by now. Probably playing games with her friends." Bringing his knees to his chest, Xiao sat on the roof of your elementary school. There was a moment of silence in which the wind took to conversation with the slowly falling snow. Then he heard it. The sound was faint, but it was clear as day to the Adeptus.

"Xiao!" Eyes widened, the male took off in the direction of your voice. You sounded so distressed like you were on the verge of slipping away. All of Xiao's previous thoughts were blown away. All he could think of was your safety. When he reached you, you were a heap in the snow. The male rushed to your side and held you close in his arms.

"(Y/N)?! (Y/N)?! Can you hear me?! Please open your eyes." Caressing your cheek, Xiao realized you were cold as ice. Your lips were turning blue and your fingertips had icicles on them. Furrowing his eyebrows in worry, Xiao immediately brought you home. He skipped the front door and teleported the both of you into your room. Any excess snow was brushed away with Xiao's Anemo. Taking off your coat, Xiao buried you into your sheets. Being in your room was being away from the snow, but it was the coldest room in your house. The male ran his fingers into his hair. Looking down at your shaking figure, Xiao cursed himself for going out and leaving you alone. Quickly putting his things back in your closet, Xiao dove under the covers with you. The Adeptus tried to use his body heat to warm you up, but it felt as if it were futile.

After a while, Xiao felt a little more heat return to you. Frantic, the male ran downstairs to make you Qingxin tea. When he came back upstairs, you were sitting up in bed with tears streaming down your eyes.

"Xiao!" You called out to him and the boy almost dropped the cup. Hastily placing the tea down on your table, he ran to you and embraced you in a crushing hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for leaving you alone. I'll never do that again." By now, Xiao, himself, had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No, I'm sorry. I wasn't honest with my feelings. I didn't want to hurt you. I was protecting myself from getting hurt. I'm so sorry." You nuzzled your head into Xiao's shoulder as your tears continued.

"I love you."

"I... I love you too."

Thanks for all your comments in the last chapter! I really appreciate you guys! Okay, so, a bit of angst, but not really. My room is so cold and there's WAY too much snow outside😣. I'm so stumped on my first Tech Design project and I have no idea what to do about it (I do, but we have to think of something to create and I have no ideas as of right now). Anyways, the Keqing banner is here. So this means this short series will end in two weeks! If anyone has any more requests, please do feel free to put them in the comments. I love each and every one of them!! Remember to take care of yourselves, everyone! Kindness is something everyone needs a bit of. Do something kind today and see how it turns out!! Have an amazing morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!!