Cooking

You awoke the next day to a huge surprise. Xiao's sleeping face was just in front of yours. You didn't know how to react. What happened last night? Why was he here in your bed?! As if sensing your panic, Xiao furrowed his eyebrows and slowly opened his eyes. The Adeptus blinked a few times before hugging you tighter and nuzzling into your body. It felt like your face was on fire.

"X-Xiao?!" Your voice barely worked.

"Mmm?" The male hummed as he snuggled towards you.

"W-what are y-you doing in m-my bed?!"

"Sleeping." His voice was a bit husky from sleeping. You had to admit that was hot.

"B-but, why in my b-bed?!" Your surprise had still not left your voice as you checked the time. It was 6:57 am. Your parents would have been out of the house by now.

"It's warmer here." Xiao still hadn't moved from his position.

"If you don't get off, I won't get more almond tofu this weekend when I go out!" Immediately, the male jumped out of the warm cocoon and squatted on the floor. Quickly gathering your blankets, you tried to shield yourself from him and the Adeptus had just sighed and walked out of your room. You had assumed Xiao had gone to get some almond tofu from your fridge.

You took the time to get yourself ready for the day. It's not like you were going to go back to sleep anyways. When Xiao still wasn't back from the kitchen, you logged on to Genshin for the first time since Xiao appeared. Blinking a few times, you rubbed your eyes for good measure. Xiao was no longer in your characters. He didn't seem to be mentioned anywhere else either. It was as if Xiao never existed in Genshin. You were so immersed in the game and you hadn't noticed when Xiao had returned. The male was holding a plate with a yellow flop with bits of black. You finally noticed him when he cleared his throat and stood in front of you.

"I made you something." There was a slight blush on his cheeks and the Adeptus didn't quite meet your gaze. Quickly, you got out of Genshin and stared at the 'food' on the plate. It looked as if Xiao had attempted scrambled eggs and had burnt them in the process. You covered your mouth with your hand as you smiled.

"It's sweet, I like the sentiment." Taking the plate from him, you spooned some into your mouth. The charred parts tasted bitter in your mouth as you swallowed. "How about I teach you how to make something?" Giving Xiao a small smile, you put your spoon down and got up from your chair.

The two of you headed down to your kitchen. You had about two hours until class officially started. You figured you would show Xiao how to make a simple breakfast within the time you had.

"Alright. I'll teach you how to make 2 kinds of eggs." You took 4 eggs out of the fridge and your frying pan Xiao had used before. The male had just watched as you worked your way around the small kitchen. "Once the oil is hot enough- Are you listening, Xiao?" Waving your hands in his face, you realized the Adeptus had spaced out.

"I am. Can I crack the eggs in the pan?" Stealing one of the eggs from you, Xiao holds it over the pan.

"Do you know how to crack the egg?" Raising an eyebrow, Xiao looked nervous. You giggled and took the egg from him. "I'll teach you how to make a sunny-side egg, for all your dark days." You gave him a smile as you took another egg and lightly tapped them against each other. One split into a crack and you let the egg drip into the pan. Once the egg hit the oil, a satisfying sizzle came from the pan.

"See how the egg yolk isn't broken? This is called a sunny-side egg." With wide eyes, Xiao peered over your shoulder as you carefully moved the egg around so it wouldn't stick to the pan. "Aaaaaand, done!" Smiling, you turned off the stove and finally realized Xiao's body had been pressed against your back so that he could look over your shoulder.