Girlfriends

You pondered at which pair of shoes would fit the Adeptus. None of yours would, they were too small. Your dad barely had winter shoes; it would have been really weird seeing Xiao in them anyway. Finally emerging from your basement, you placed down some winter boots your cousin had given you a few years back. They were too boyish and the younger you didn't like bulky boyish boots.

"Here, put these on." Obeying your command, Xiao slipped on the boots and looked at you for further instructions. Taking out a slightly bigger coat, you handed it to Xiao. "This too." Once he got the coat on, you could resist laughing. The Adeptus looked like a walking marshmallow and you took many pictures. At last, you had gotten your own winter coat on. You were cozy with your scarf and hat. The gloves and mittens you owned barely fit you and you barely had any time to go and buy new ones. Wrapping your spare scarf around Xiao, you blushed when you felt his breath on your cheek.

"Ahem, um, l-let's go." Hiding your face, you opened the front door and a gush of cold air rushed at you. It was a little weird being outside when you've been cooped up in your room for so long. Sometimes you had forgotten it was winter. Only remembered when you heard the wind howling at night and when it snowed in the middle of the day.

Walking towards a stop sign near the end of your street, you stopped at a house and pulled out your phone.

Srym Srym <3:

(N/N): hey, i'm here, come out

Srym Srym: Ok, hold on

Srym Srym: let me grab my stuff

You turned off your screen and kicked at the pavement. You had forgotten Xiao was even here until you felt him shuffle towards you. His cheeks were red from the cold and his hands were shoved into the pockets of the coat. The Adeptus was slightly shivering as he hovered close to you, hoping to steal some warmth.

"Are you cold?" Raising an eyebrow at him, Xiao didn't answer. Rolling your eyes, you took his hands out of his pockets and placed them between your warm ones. Usually, they were never warm, in fact, your friends used to call you a human icicle in the winter. It was now that your inner human-furnace had decided to show itself. It wasn't until you heard the click of a camera that you realized your friend had come out of her house.

"This is so cute. Oh my god, (Y/N)." Smiling widely at you, Jaime waved at you. "Who's this?" The girl walked up to the two of you and you turned to face her. You were madly blushing, but luckily the cold made it look natural.

"This is Xiao. He's... uh... my mom's friend's son. He's from China." It looked like Xiao was about to correct you, but the tug on his hand gave the male everything he needed to know. You were trying to cover up for him. "Our family signed up for it. You know, since lots of people want to move here."

"Isn't your parents cautious of covid?" Tilting her head at you, Jaime started walking back in the direction of your house.

"Yeah, but we thought it'd be nice to have someone else in the house. It's just him. Not his entire family." At your house, you turned towards another street and continued. Xiao followed at a distance behind you. Once again, you stopped at another house. Not long after, a boy came out.

"You actually got him to come out. Hey, Rylan, it's been a while!" Giving you a small smile, Rylan looked as if he had been pulling several all-nighters again.

"This- Xiao- I don't believe it. You weren't lying." Slowly walking up to the Adeptus, Rylan stared at him. Being completely ignored by the boy, Jaime huffed and pouted.

"Shall we head to the park first? I need pictures and you guys can talk while I do that." The four of you headed to the park across your house. While walking there, Xiao and Rylan started small talk, while you explained what Jaime had to do.