6-4

In the morning Will woke with a bit of a headache and was very thirsty but was none the worse for wares. Greg's mom made them breakfast in the morning, and it was good. She smiled at them and asked how their evening had been and they told her about what they had gotten up too, she had been impressed when they got home last night that all of them were soundly asleep and the house wasn't a wreck. Will drunk plenty of water to quench his thirst and rehydrate himself and this seemed to help his headache as well. After finishing breakfast, he packed away the toys he had gotten out yesterday and then spent some more time with his friends talking between themselves.

At 10 o'clock, his mom came around to take him back home and she thanked Greg's mom for taking care of him and letting him stay over, he also said his thanks to her and said see you to Greg and Malcolm. On the way home, he told his mom what they had gotten up to last night and asked her how the party was. She said that it was really good and both she and his dad had enjoyed themselves. When they got home, he saw that his dad looked rough indeed and had a big glass of water by him which he was drinking from every now and again. His mom said that this was what happened when you drunk too much the night before and warned him that he shouldn't follow his dad's example and then she let him go. He went up to his room and put all his toys away and then sat on his bed and read for a bit as he knew his dad wouldn't be up for talking or watching TV in his state. He had seen his dad in this state a few times before and had made the mistake of trying to talk to him and had his head bitten off by him, so he made the sensible decision of staying out of the way for a while.

It was a few hours later when his mom called him down to get his dinner and she had excelled herself with it, the lamb smelled absolutely divine and the rest of it looked great. His dad looked a lot better now and he asked Will about his night and Will gladly told him about it whilst they ate the food in front of them. He noticed that neither of his parents drank any alcoholic beverage that dinner time and he suspected that this was because they had drunk enough last night. After his dad and questioned him he turned his attention to Anna about her activities and she squirmed a little bit under this interrogation and gave vague answers to what she did, or so Will felt but his parents seemed satisfied with her answers and didn't push the subject. After they had finished eating, they all helped clear up the pots and then Anna disappeared upstairs to her room and his parents once again let her get away with this even though in years past they wanted the family to hang out as one. He, of course, had to stay with them and they watched something on TV, which was ok, some old movie that they usually played at this time of year.

After a while he grew bored of it and his parents were very quiet through it, he wanted to leave but knew that he couldn't as they would moan at him, so he just had to suffer through it. Thankfully it finished an hour or so later and then they found something more entertaining to watch. He wished they would let him play his NES but knew they would never allow that he would just have to put up with whatever they watched on TV. When it got to teatime his mom made some simply sandwiches for them all and they ate a few but were still pretty full of dinner. After that he could go up to his room but instead of that he knocked on Anna's door, she opened it and didn't look happy to see him.

"What do you want Duffus?" She asked.

"Well I know you lied about what you did last night, even if they couldn't see it" he replied.

"That's no of your business and I don't need to tell you anything," she said.

"True you don't but I might just let slip that you lied to them" he replied.

"You wouldn't dare and what proof do you have?" she asked.

"The fact you were so evasive at dinner and how you have been hiding from them all day even though we're meant to spend time together today" he replied.

"They haven't said anything to me, so I don't think it bothers them, they must just accept that I'm growing up and I'm less interested in spending time with you losers," she said.

"That is a possibility, or they might just be coming at you another time, they both enjoyed themselves last night and so they might just be recovering" he replied.

"We'll see, even if I did tell you something you could just go grass to them anyway, I have no reason to trust you," she said.

"A fair point, I'll leave you be then, and we'll see what happens" he replied and he turned to go.

"Wait, if I tell you will you cover for me?" She asked.

"Yes, I will, I'll even promise to it" he replied turning back to her.

"Good, ok so like I said the other day, I went around to my friends but that was just to get ready as I knew they wouldn't let me go out if they knew what I really was planning. We all went to a party last night, in the woods away from all the adults and we drunk some booze and smoked a few cigarettes. It was a lot of fun and we stayed up quite late before going back to my friends" she said.

"That's not too bad, I think I can cover that up if they do ask you about it I'll just tell them that your friend got you to drink some alcohol and you didn't want to tell them" he replied.

"That would cut it, thanks bro," she said and gave him a smile.

"No problem sis, thanks for telling me" he replied and gave her a smile back before heading to his room and chilling out for the rest of the evening.