Chapter 5

The last few things I remembered was Levi saying how they couldn't kill me now. I passed out after that due to the stress of seeing the former holders memories and just by being at my limit too.

The cold steel bed squeaked as I turned to my side and held my head. I saw bricks about 10 feet away from me and bars restricting me from leaving.

"Y/N!" Armin called out while opening the bars. Mikasa came up to him and held him back.

"You're going to go up to her right after she ate Eren a few hours ago? What is she has you as her target next?!" Mikasa yells out while giving glowering expression.

"I-I know but... but she's my girlfriend." Armin took Mikasa's hand off of his shoulder and opened up the door so he could walk in. He closed the door locking himself in and stared at Mikasa.

"Tch... I'm going to go get Hange so we can start the trial." Mikasa scoffs while walking away. Once we couldn't hear her footsteps anymore Armin turned to me and started making his way towards me.

"Why'd you lock yourself in here with me? You heard what Mikasa said, what if I'm really just trying to eat you to inherit the Colossal." I ask him while sitting up on the bed and looking around the room.

Armin didn't answer but he sat down on the bed and pulled me closer to him. He kissed my forehead softly while putting his hand on top of mine.

"You have to run away. The trail is going to start in less than an hour and they're planning on feeding you with someone with royal blood." Armin quickly explained while taking off his coat.

"It's 10:49 PM. Take this and run away somewhere so they can't find you, okay? They'll most likely have a search for you and then I'll find you myself." Armin starts putting the coat on me and helps me get up.

"What if you can't find me? If they try to feed me to someone with royal blood I'll just kill them it's oka-"

"No, Y/N! I... I don't want you to hurt any more people! Just please run away and I'll find you..." Armin begged. He went up to the little window that was in the cell and started hitting it until it opened.

The footsteps of the military police got louder and louder. Armin grabbed my hand and helped me get through the window. Once I was on the other side I refused to let go of his hand.

"I'll stay in the area, okay?" I let him know and he nods. He quickly lets go of my hand and started walking out of the cell.

I heard some of the military police yell at Armin for letting me escape but he just played it dumb. The lights around the base started turning on and I pulled the coat over my head and started running into the woods.

After running for about 10 minutes I stopped to take a breather. The cold air wasn't any help for my lungs and I'm 99% sure that I was dehydrated.

"Are you okay, dear? Are you lost?" This women comes behind a tree and asks me. I look at her and immediately bring my hand up to my mouth.

"I'll bite my hand right now. Who are you?" I threatened while getting closer to her. She gives me a puzzled look and walks up to me.

"I don't know why you would want to bite your hand but, come it's cold out here. You can explain once you had a nice warm cup of tea!" She takes off her scarf and puts it over me. She then proceeds to take my hand away from my mouth to grab it and walk over to her house.

It was a small little cottage and a man who was making a fire was just outside of the perimeter. He looked up and grabbed a stick lighting it up with fire and pointed it at me.

"W-who are you?! Ella, who is this? Why did you bring her here?!" He asks frantically while trying to grab the woman.

"It's okay, dear. I saw her in the woods out of breath running..." Ella smiles at the man and he puts down the stick.

"What were you running from, dear?" She turns her head to me. Her eyes pierced through my and I hesitate with trying to come up with something.

"My uh... My dog ran away and I was trying to find him but... I think he's already gone by now." I respond while chuckling nervously and getting closer to the fire.

I put out my hands so I could get warm and hear the woman's footsteps come closer to me. She sets her hand on my shoulder and chuckles.

"Did your family build a house around here recently? Because, if I remember correctly nobody lives around us. Not for another 5 miles so, unless you built a house in under a week then you must really love your dog to chase him for 5 miles in this freezing weather..." She remarks while tightening her grip on my shoulder.

My body tensed up and I slowly turned my eyes to the man. He was reaching over for an axe slowly.

"5 miles huh? You must be horrible with navigation because I live a mile away from here." I respond while masking my emotions.

The Military Police was probably already looking for me so if I transformed then I would give away my location. But, if I didn't do something immediately then these lunatics were going to fucking kill me.

"Oh no, sweetie... My husband and I have been living here for the past 7 years and we walk around here every week. Every person who has even tried to disrupt our peaceful lifestyle has... passed away for reasons." She explains while giving off a dry chuckle.

"And you're next." She whispered into my ear. The man swung the axe towards me but, I went off to the side.

He grunted and swung it again trying to hit me but I was dodging them just an inch from hitting me. The woman got up and took out a knife from her coat and started getting close to me.

"You'll be a lovely meal! The scent radiating off of you smells delicious!" She exclaimed while grazing my cheek with her knife. Her husband swings the axe to me, I could dodge it so I blocked it with my hands.

I felt the little tingly sensation run up my back letting me know that I was about to transform. I suppress the goal and just to keep that axe away from me.

The woman comes charging at me with the knife and I hold out my hand letting her stab my palm. I wince out of pain and clench my fist with the knife around it.

"Swing again! I'm hungry!" The woman yells. Her husband obeys and lifts up the axe and starts swinging it down.

I pull my hand back that had the knife impaled through it letting the woman get struck by the axe. The axe impaled her head letting the blood gush out.

She slowly turned her head to her husband wide eyed and started coughing out blood. The man started shaking and kept trying to pull the axe out of his wife's head but it only made it worse.

She fell onto the ground with a big puddle of blood surrounding her. The man kept on screaming and calling me names while trying to help his wife.

"Shut the fuck up. The Miliary Police will find me quicker if you keep on yelling like that." I comment while pulling out the knife from my palm and shoving it into his eye.

He screams even more and I repeatedly stab his face over and over again until his screams came to a stop.

I panted while looking at the wife's broke skull and the husband's stabbed face. My hands were steaming already slowly regenerating.

I got up and started walking into their house to at least have a place to stay for the night. I looked around their house and saw a collection of different coats and shoes everywhere. Some coats had blood splatters while others had dirt on them.

The coats definitely weren't theirs since the sizes were completely diverse. I opened a door and saw a bed in the middle of the room.

"At least they don't have dead bodies in rooms..." I muttered to myself while closing the door and taking off my clothes. I left on my bra and panties and got into the covers.

I turned on my side looking at the empty space that was next to me. My hand touched the cold covers and gripped onto it.

"Goodnight, Armin..."