Chapter 14: Figure It Out

Start from the beginning

A minute later, I start my car and drive to my apartment. I need to shower and eat something before I head to Emily's. My phone vibrates in my pocket as I unlock my front door.

After I lock my door behind me, I pull out my phone and see a text from Emily. 

Em: You can go ahead and come over when you're ready. Can't wait!

I can feel myself smiling like an idiot, and I laugh softly. I really like her...

...

My heart is pounding with nerves and excitement as I walk up to Emily's door. I feel like I'm already blushing, so the cool night air feels good on my face. I linger for a moment and take a deep breath before knocking.

Emily opens the door with a smile, and I relax a little bit. We decided to wear something super casual since our clothes probably won't be on for very long. Her red tank top hugs her body perfectly, and my eyes linger on her chest. I notice that she's wearing my favorite pair of her jeans. They make her ass look amazing.

I feel her eyes on me too. I may or may not be wearing a very low-cut shirt right now because I love her sharp intake of breath and the way her jaw clenches when she sees me. She beckons me inside, and I walk into the living area and sit down on the couch.

"Want a glass of wine?" Emily is already pulling out two glasses, and she sets them on the counter.

"Yeah, that would be great, actually." Hopefully this will help calm my nerves a little bit. I take my glass as Emily sits down beside me and leans back.

"You okay, JJ?" Emily's voice is soft, and she touches my thigh gently.

I take a sip of my wine, savoring the rich flavor for a moment before answering. "I am more than okay, Em." I set my glass down on the coffee table in front of me, and I take Emily's and do the same.

Emily glances at my lips, and I lean forward, pressing my hand to her cheek. I hesitate for just a moment before closing the distance between us. Her lips are soft, and I can taste the vanilla chapstick she always wears. She lifts a hand and tangles it in my hair, wrapping her other around my waist to pull me closer. Maybe the wine wasn't necessary after all.

One of my hands remains on her cheek, but I grab her shirt and tug her closer with my other. Any amount of space between us right now is way too much. She shifts and pushes me onto my back, climbing on top of me while never breaking our kiss.

I pull back to look up at the beautiful woman on top of me and smile, tracing her bottom lip with my thumb. Her dark hair tickles my cheeks, and I run my fingers through it gently. I feel her gaze on me, and the desire and passion in her eyes makes me want her more.

I slip my hands under her shirt and tug it up gently. She shivers as my fingers brush her skin, and I smile. I love having this kind of effect on her. She sits up a little and pulls her tank top the rest of the way off. I am loving this view.

Our kissing becomes more passionate by the second, and I can't keep my fingers off of her skin. I moan softly as Emily begins kissing my neck, sucking gently when she gets to my collarbone.

"Mark me up," I whisper, and Emily moans just a little as my nails dig into her back. She sits back and looks at me, her fingers tugging up my shirt a little. I understand the question in her eyes and nod, sitting up as she pulls my shirt over my head.

I lie back on the couch, and I blush as Emily looks at me. Her lips return to my neck and move down slowly, leaving a trail of bruises that begin just where they won't be visible when I'm wearing my clothes.

I unbutton her jeans and unzip them quickly. I see a muscle work in Emily's jaw for a moment before she leans down to whisper in my ear. "Should we move this to the bedroom, baby?"

I groan as she nips my ear before standing up. I take the hand she offers me and follow her to her room. My eyes widen as I see the candles she's lit all over the room, giving it a warm glow. There's rose petals leading from the door to the bed. I turn toward Emily, my mouth open in surprise.

"I...I wanted this to be special. I know it's your first time with a woman," Emily looks sheepish, and I kiss her immediately.

"It was already going to be special because it's with you, but this is so perfect. You are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met, Emily Prentiss." I put my arms around her neck and kiss her again.

Emily's hands pull me close to her, and I feel her unhook my bra. I step back and shrug it off quickly, smirking down at her pants.

"Oh would you like for me to take these off, Jennifer?" she smiles at me mischievously.

"Actually, I think I would prefer to take them off of you," I respond. I can't believe how confident I sound given the fact I don't think that I have ever been more nervous in my life.

Emily's mouth opens a little; I think she's just as surprised as I am. I hook my fingers in the loops of her jeans and tug her close. I don't break eye contact as I slowly pull her pants lower and lower, allowing my fingers to graze her skin. The way she still shivers when I touch her drives me absolutely wild.

Once I pull her pants down, I take a step back and look at her body. Fuck. I can't believe how insanely sexy she is. "You are so beautiful."

"Thank you. I can't believe how gorgeous you are too," Emily's voice is tender, and my heart melts a little.

All of a sudden, I remember how nervous I am. And I also remember that I have absolutely no idea how the fuck to have sex with a woman.

Emily notices the change in my mood and cocks her head to the side. "What's wrong, Jayje?"

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong," I force a smile onto my face.

"That isn't true, and we both know it." Emily steps closer to me before continuing, "You know you can tell me anything."

I take a deep breath. "I don't really know how to..." I gesture vaguely in the direction of our bodies, and Em smiles at me.

"Oh! I didn't either at first. But you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with or not ready to do."

"I do want to. I just may need some patience and guidance..."

"Well watch and learn, Jennifer Jareau, because tonight is all about you."