Chromia & Ironhide

Ironhide and Ultra Magnus ambled through the darkened corridor, and wonderous illumination spilled from the room ahead. A harmonic flurry of voices were also emanating from the chamber. Ultra Magnus's large feet created hefty clanks as he swept in front of Ironhide, his optics locked onto the smaller soldier before him.

"I wouldn't say this about many," Magnus whispered, trying to hide his voice from the crowd a couple meters ahead. "but I am honored to serve with you on this mission, Ironhide. You are a major asset to this Decepticon base infiltration."

Ironhide dipped his head, embarrassed by Ultra Magnus's rare complement. "I thank you kindly, sir."

They stumbled slightly as the warship shifted gears and prepared to begin dropping to the surface of Cybertron. Ironhide and Ultra Magnus entered the main meeting room, and a grand army of about fifty Autobots turned their attention towards the mighty blue Ultra Magnus, awaiting their next command. Ironhide joined the ranks, becoming anonymous to his leader once again, and he slipped through rows of warriors until he reached the back. He was incredibly familiar with Magnus's routine attack speech, so he was prepared for the rundown. He would allow the newbies to get close and listen.

A trio of feminine laughs spilled from another hallway connected to the chamber, and Ironhide glanced over his shoulder to see what was so amusing. Elita-One and Arcee scuttled out, cackling together about something unknown, and to his surprise, Chromia, in all her beauty, trailed close behind. She was joining in on their fun.

A shockwave of consternation blasted through Ironhide's chest as he stared at Chromia, and as her two comrades darted off to another sector of the crowd, she finally noticed his attention. She gave him a small, serene smile as she quietly meandered up to him, her elegant hands crossed behind her back. She halted before him, giving him the chance to speak first. His speech was captured in his throat, and he just sputtered some gibberish as his optics darted over her figure.

"I'm sorry I didn't contact you earlier, Ironhide," she muttered.

His voice finally came. "You were MIA for forty-two solar cycles. I thought you," Lubricant bubbled up in his bright eyes. "were gone for good. Dead."

"I know, but Ultra Magnus found me with Arcee. Our coms were down after the Decepticons raided the base; we were rescued this morning. I haven't really had time to try to reach out. I was pretty damaged. I'm guessing you decided to join in this infiltration?"

"Yeah, Magnus contacted me a couple hours ago. Said we needed some more soldiers. I was put out on another mission with some Wreckers after the raid; Optimus said it would help get my mind off...of you. But Magnus called me specifically to come. He said he really needed someone like me to complete the ranks."

"He's right. You are an excellent fighter."

"So are you."

Ironhide inched towards Chromia, his movements timid. He slid his arms around her and tugged her into a warm embrace, and she felt tears fall down her own face as Ironhide began to softly cry with joy. She had never felt connection with another Cybertronian; the thrill of battle was her true love. But Ironhide had proven himself to be different. While she was lost, there wasn't a moment that she didn't ponder about how Ironhide was holding up. She knew he would be destroyed if he discovered she had been terminated. Magnus's deep voice faded into white noise as Ironhide dragged his gaze up to stare at Chromia's tear-streaked face, and he slipped his hand over her cheek.

"Chromia, I want to kiss you."

She hastily nodded and snagged his arm, dragging him down the hallway she and her two friends had previously emerged from. She pushed him into a small closet that was practically empty, and after she switched on an overhead light, she crushed her body against Ironhide's, kissing him passionately. Ironhide's breathing intensified as she shoved him against the wall, her long palms pressing against his chest. Chromia broke the kiss before reconnecting her lips to his neck, and a sharp gasp of elation zipped from his mouth. Her kisses were so vigorous yet so charming, and Ironhide shut his eyes as she pushed and pulled against him, his head bobbing.

"I like you a lot," Ironhide muttered.

"I like you too, but hush for now," Chromia softly replied as she smooched his mouth again and again.

Ironhide wrapped his hands around the back of her gorgeous winged head, and she let him take the lead. He separated his back from the wall and placed the majority of his weight onto her strong chest, and he graciously kissed her lips, which were trembling with excitement. His tongue tapped against her teeth, and Chromia's glossa tapped his in return. He pressed his heels back onto the ground, giving Chromia some time to relax her muscles worn from the recent battle.

Chromia placed her hands on his cheeks, and her thumbs rubbed back and forth as their tongues slid across each other during the kisses. Ironhide felt a flash of heated embarrassment as a long string of drool fell from his mouth, and he quickly wiped it away. Chromia saw what he was cleaning up, and she pulled back to release a genuine giggle. Ironhide smirked before placing a tiny peck on her forehead.

"Ready to fight again?" Ironhide inquired. He could hear the Cybertronians outside of the closet starting to move about.

"Oh, as always."