"The voices." She replied. Donna looked to Spurina.

"Is that going to happen to Donna? To all of you?" Spurina rolled her sleeve back, revealing her upper arm was covered in the texture.

"The blessings are manifold." Spurina confirmed, wincing at the contact of Donna's fingers with the stone.

"Stone, they all have stone on them." Donna mumbled. "The people of Pompeii are turning to stone before the volcano erupts." Valarie replied. The Doctor observed the the high priestesses hand.

"I want to speak to you." He suddenly instructed the priestess

"But you-"

"Not the priestess, the thing growing within her." Her head snapped to attention, eyes settling on the Doctor with a new insistently.

"Words of wisdom, words of power. Words of wisdom, words of power." She began to chant. Valarie stepped towards his side, watching in horror. The priestesses voice now sounded layered; her own and a deep one.

"Your name. Planet of origin. Species designation according to the ratification of the Shadow Proclamation." The Doctor demanded.

"We are rising." The priestess warned.

"Tell me your name!" He shouted back.

"Pyrovile!" She screamed, the sisters now chanting the name over and over.

"Doctor, what's a pyrovile?" Valarie asked, leaning into him as they stepped back and away.

"Well, that. It's growing within her like a parasite. And that's the halfway stage." He murmured.

"And do I want to know what the adult looks like?" She asked.

"Uh, well, giant molten rock monster." He produced a small, plastic water pistol from his coat. "Donna, get that open." He motioned to the grill like grate in the middle of the roam.

"Where did you get a water pistol?" Valarie whispered. He looked down at her in confusion.

"Nine hundred year old, two hearted, alien man and your confused about why I have a water pistol on me?" When her expression didn't settle he became more annoyed. "Oh, help Donna with the grate!" He whispered.

"Now, why are the pyrovile here?" He turned his attention back to the priestess.

"We fell from the heavens, Doctor. So far and fast we became dust. But then these humans, we found them. We opened their minds and found their gifts." He turned to the two who had opened the grate. "Now you two, get down there."

"Down there?" Donna asked, as her and Valarie gazed down at rocky tunnel below.

"Yes!" The Doctor argued.

"Sisters, I see into the false prophets mind. The weapon the man wields is harmless." Surpina revealed. The Doctor shrugged.

"Yeah, but it's gonna sting." He began to squirt it at her. She wailed in pain, the water hissing on contact with her rocky skin. He turned to them and urged them down into the grate, They landed on knees in a tunnel. The heat was comparable to that of the ship Valarie had been on what felt like long ago with Martha; the one that tried to eat a sun alive.

"You fought her off with a water pistol." Donna looked to the Doctor who had dropped in. "I love you!" She exclaimed. He rose to his feet, and began to venture through a tunnel behind them.

"This way." he said.

"That way? Where to?" Donna asked.

"Into the volcano." He replied, looking at the two.