Buckling under the instability of her balance and disorientation, Renjun stepped forward in time for his arms to encircle around her waist, her back hitting his chest.

His eyebrows were knitted in worry, unsure of what had happened but she swayed in his grip clearly loosing control over her body.

"Sweetheart-"
"I'm fine- I'm fine just...I just felt dizzy." She mumbled out, opening her eyes as she had a clear vision of the mirror in front of her- his arms around her torso from behind her and his chin brushing against her head.

A knot in her stomach tightened but she shook her head, brushing it away and stepped away from him.

Renjun felt conflicted seeing her push herself away from him, becoming more reclused and his hand reached out towards her cheek but she cowered back slightly away from him- on edge.

"I-I just need a...a glass of water." She whispered in the end, not even glancing into his eyes once as she brushed past him with her legs shaky.

Renjun turned around, wordlessly following behind her with his eyes stuck on her figure in worry.

"You should lay down, you look like you're going to faint- I'll get you the water." He declared, pointing over to the sofa and Jisoo nodded as she didn't have enough energy to argue.

She sat on the comfy sofa, leg bouncing up and down jittery in her own body with her eyes cast to the ground.

It was as if she could feel this new energy inside of her, burning and surging within her causing the girl to feel overwhelmed- her body unable to adjust accordingly.

Still in a state of shock, zoned out from reality that she didn't notice he had come back with a glass of water and slices of fruit.

Placing them down on the table in front of her, he took his seat next to her but not too close.
She didn't speak and the lack of her words and the smile he hadn't seen since the dance, left him upset.

He hesitated but his hand reached out, gently placed on her jittery knee to which she tensed up- turning her head to finally meet his eyes.

Despite the brokenness and the sadness swimming in her eyes, Renjun managed to offer her a smile which the corner of his eyes crinkled up in attempts to cheer her up.

"Are you okay?" He asked, unsure of how to even comfort someone- in that moment he felt pathetic as the girl was clearly struggling yet he couldn't help.

She didn't reply nor did she lie, she just turned her head away from him to grab the glass which shook in her hand.

A silence fell over them, painfully quiet which made Renjun's gut churn, his thumb brushing lightly over her knee.

"I'm sorry."

His apology matched with his soft quiet guilt ridden voice caused the girl to turn her head his direction.
"For what?" She replied finally.

"I could- I should've saved you. I just...I'm such an idiot." His free hand ran over his face in irritation at himself and Jisoo sighed.

"It's not your fault."
"I know but-"
"Stop." Her sudden short command caused Renjun to look over at her.

Jisoo was looking ahead however, her nail scraping against the skin of her finger anxiously.

"I don't blame you, I just..." she trailed off, finally sparing a glance at Renjun as her heart rate picked up, swallowing in and looking away. "I can't do this right now."

There it went, the pit in his stomach grew and his mouth became dry.

"What do you mean?" He voiced watching as she sighed.
"The kiss...us."

Renjun became crestfallen, expression dropping with hurt flashing across his face.
"If you don't feel the same way towards me...it's okay." The way his voice dropped, dejected made Jisoo shake her head.

"It's not that. I do, I do feel the same but right now..." she trailed off, looking down as her hair fell over her face. "I don't want to start something when I'm not in the right mindset."

There was a momentary silence that fell over them before Jisoo stood up, his hand falling from her knee.

"Okay..." he said quietly, nodding even though he felt as though she was slipping from her fingers.

"I think I should go home."

Renjun stood up, watching as she grabbed her coat.
"I'll take you-"
"No, no um...Mark wanted to talk to me about what happened."

Renjun's eyes hardened, casting his eyes to the floor, jaw clenching. He wasn't sure of what to even say.

He just nodded, Jisoo slipped on her shoes and glanced over at Renjun.
"Goodnight Renjun."

The girl slipped through the door, walking down the driveway where the Angel boy stood waiting for her, hands in the pocket of his hoodie.

He smiled upon seeing her, wrapping his arms around her in a hug and his hand reached out to ruffle her hair.

Renjun watched in burning jealousy as he put an arm around Jisoo and they both disappeared around the corner and out of sight.

Oh no 😬