youre truly broken, you poor soul.

Matteo,

All I want to do was take every scar, every cut and put them on my body for you. But darling you weren't born broken. Oh, broken girl tell me what it's like to burn alive. And I'll tell you how to stop the fire.

When I didn't see Eliana at work I began to worry. She never skips work. What could've happened that could have made her not want to show up. Never would I have thought I'd be lying in bed thinking of all the little things I missed about her today. I hate to think that maybe she didn't show up because of what happened when we had lunch the other day. Was it because Giselle was showing too much public affection towards me for Eliana to stand? Does she really care that much? Care that much to the point where she doesn't want to see me with anyone else?

I lay in bed far too long. Skipping breakfast, and lunch. Even the one thing I would do when nothing else seemed to be working I couldn't do. For the first time not even, painting could take me out of this trance of boredom. Why am I supposed to do when Elianas not here? When I can't even catch a glimpse of her when she's not looking or tease her purposely just so she gives me that sassy stare.

Why was I starting to need her presence. Like as if without her here I had no purpose. But to just lay in bed and imagine if she were here. I finally accept she isn't showing up, so I get out of bed and walk downstairs. I am greeted by Louis one of my best friends standing in the kitchen. I haven't seen him in so long. He lives so far away why could he possibly be here?

"Louis, bro that can't be you?" I say excitingly.

"You know it." He says with a laugh.

I give him a aggressive hug.

Louis has been my best friend for a while ever since I met Giselle when I was little. He is Giselle's younger brother. And it sounds bad, but he was the only good thing that came out of meeting Giselle and her family. He had always been there for me, even if I was complaining to him about his sister. He was one of the only people to understand the situation I was in with Giselle. He understood that I was being forced to be with her. I remember playing football with him in the garden and going for late night swims in the lake. And when we were in our teen phase, we would go to party's every weekend together. He is one of those people that bring light into every situation. Exactly the type of person I needed.

"What are you doing here?" I say confused.

"Cmon aren't you happy to see me?"

"Of course, I am but you usually don't come around randomly like this. Last time you came was because of Ivys birthday what's the occasion now?" I ask leaning on the wall by the front door while he takes off his shoes.

Louis pauses and looks over at my mom. And she nods as if saying "tell him."

"I'm here because your mom said she thinks your depressed or some shit and won't get out of bed. So she invited me to lighten the mood."

I give her an annoyed look.

"Hold up, i'm not depressed what the hell you made him come all this way."

Mom pipes in.

"Matteo you've been in bed for past two days and your never like this. I know when somethings wrong, and I don't like seeing you like this especially when you have a wedding coming up. You should be ecstatic."

"Now what's wrong." She continues.

"Nothing is wrong mother stop being paranoid."

She gives me a "I don't believe a word your saying" look.

"Whatever depressed or not we're going night swimming as soon as it gets dark. You can't sit in your bed and mope all day. Plus, I didn't come here for nothing." He throws his shoes on the floor.