she wants to cuddle

"Thanks for letting me stay here with you tonight, Lizzie," you said as she covered you both with the blanket as you laid in her comfortable bed beside her.

She leaned over and softly kissed your cheek, making your lips tug into a smile as they lingered there for a moment.

"I'm happy you stayed." She smiled and softly caressed your cheek with the palm of her hand.

Your stay tonight wasn't planned. There was a bad storm coming in, the weather conditions much too dangerous for you to go out in, let alone drive through.

So, Elizabeth happily offered for you to stay overnight, and spending the night with your girlfriend sounded absolutely incredible.

"Sleepy?' She asked a moment later as you yawned.

"Yeah."

"Okay. Goodnight, angel." She said before kissing your lips and laying down beside you.

The lamp turned off, leaving the room dark. You waited a moment to see if she'd curl up to you or bring you into her arms to hold you as you slept.

But you never felt the warmth of her embrace, so you thought she didn't want to cuddle as you drifted off to sleep together and turned onto your side to sleep, unaware that she was biting her lip and reaching her hand out to you.

She heard the soft breaths falling from your lips and waited to see if you shifted again or if you were already asleep.

"Y/N?" She whispered out and gently tapped your shoulder, and her heart fluttered when you let out a few soft sounds and turned your head to look back at her.

"Yeah?" You asked, only able to see her face because of the street lights coming through the windows.

"Can we cuddle?"

You cracked a sleepy smile before moving moving into her arms that she opened just for you to lay in. You put your head on her chest and right away, you heard the thump of her heart against her ribcage.

It seemed to skip a beat as you hummed contentedly, which made yours flutter in response. You tangled your legs with hers and felt her wrap her fingers around your own, followed by the brush of her lips against your knuckles.

"That's much better." She whispered, making you chuckle happily. "I'm happy you stayed tonight, y/n. I really like you being here."

"Me too, Lizzie." You mumbled. "I hope you have sweet dreams."

"You too, sweet girl. Goodnight, my love," she whispered and kissed your head lovingly, smiling to herself as you drifted off to sleep in her warm embrace.