\ℯ𝓁ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃\

Start from the beginning

"Yep, sounds good. Everyone okay with adjourning?"

There was a chorus of yes's, and then people started standing up and moseying towards the door, stopping to chat on the way. Eleanora and Lupin turned around to the table behind them, setting their notes down side by side to make sure all of the bases were covered. "Forgot to mention Hestia cancelled on us for patrol duty next week... shit..." Lupin muttered under his breath.

"I'll take it," said Eleanora. "Where?"

"One of the hiding places. You sure?"

"Mhmm." Eleanora paged through her notebook, trying to get rid of the constant feeling that she was forgetting something.

Beside her, Lupin seemed to be having a similar struggle. Finally, he snapped his notebook shut and let out a deep sigh. "I can't get used to him not being here," he said heavily, and Eleanora knew exactly who he was talking about. It had been months since Moody's death, but things still didn't feel right without him.

"He always had things in order," she murmured, shaking her head in wonder.

Lupin let out a somewhat choked laugh. "But he never took any notes."

"The man was a genius."

"Who was?" Tonks asked, making her way towards them. The baby was due in just a few weeks, so she was moving with some difficulty.

Lupin hurried to help her and Bill joined Eleanora, taking Lupin's old spot. "Mad Eye," Lupin said absently, taking Tonks' arm and leaning down to kiss her softly.

Eleanora folded her arms and leaned into Bill's side. He put an arm around her and picked up her notebook with his other hand, flipping to the front, where Eleanora had tucked a page from her last notebook between the cover and the first page. It was written in the code they'd made up before Eleanora left for her first mission. "Dear Bill..." the top read, and below was a short letter about her time in Malfoy Manor. Bill hated reading about how his wife had been tortured in the basement of the Manor, but he understood why she kept the page. It was a reminder of what she'd come from, and what she was fighting against. "How late d'you think you'll be with the twins?" he asked, running his fingers through the tips of Eleanora's hair.

"Dunno. Probably pretty late, you know how they are."

Bill smiled. "Yeah, I know. I think I'm going to eat dinner at Mum's, you want anything?"

"I'm alright," Eleanora murmured, interlacing her fingers with his and looking up at him with adoring eyes. "Want me to bring anything back from Diagon Alley?"

"No, thanks. Should I wait up?"

Eleanora shrugged. "Only if you want to. You look tired, though, you should try and get some sleep."

Bill tilted his head back laughing. "Maybe I would, if you weren't always keeping me up with-"

"Alright, alright, enough!" Lee said, he and the twins striding towards them with bright smiles. "You two are disgusting, come on, El."

Eleanora raised an eyebrow at him, then pulled Bill down to kiss him. "I'll see you later, okay?" she said when the broke apart, her hand still settled on the back of his neck.

"Yeah, you will." Bill winked at her and let her go, watching her leave the room with Lee and the twins, a sunny smile on her face.

When Eleanora, the twins, and Lee were all gathered in the sun-lit apartment the twins shared over Weasley's Wizard Wheezes; snacks at hand and a fire burning in the fireplace, they started planning out the next episode of Potterwatch. "I was thinking about encouraging wizards to put protections on muggle houses in their areas," Lee said thoughtfully. "You know, because the muggles don't even know what's happening right now."