\𝒻ℴ𝓊𝓇\

~

~

September 1 1996

"You're going to have great time, alright? Just stay away from anyone who looks threatening and make sure you go to your classes and-"

"Eleanora," Daisy whined. "Stop it, I'm going to be fine."

Eleanora sighed and checked her sister's bag one last time to make sure she had everything she needed. She stood up as Daisy hugged Bill goodbye.

"Don't forget to write, okay?" Bill said. "And don't get into too much trouble." He winked at her as the twins came over to say goodbye.

Fred swept Daisy into a tight hug before setting her down and looking at her sternly. "No boys until at least your fifth year, got it?"

"Fred-"

"They're only trouble, Dais," George chimed in.

"Make sure you stay away from quidditch players," said Fred.

"And Triwizard Champions," said George.

"And your best friends' older brothers," said Fred, shooting a pointed look at Eleanora, who punched his arm. "But most of all," he continued, rubbing at his shoulder, "give Filch hell for us."

Daisy beamed up at the twins and pulled a small bag of dungbombs out of her pocket. "Trust me, I'm prepared," she said with a sly smile.

"Daisy!" Eleanora said, unable to keep from laughing.

"Oh, like you weren't the same way," Bill said, grinning over at Eleanora.

"Whatever. Say hello to all of the teachers for me, alright?" She gave Daisy one last hug as the train whistle blew. "Have fun. Be careful." She watched as her little sister went around saying her goodbyes before following Ginny, Harry, and Ron onto the train. "Think she'll find a good seat?" she said nervously to no one in particular. Bill stepped closer and wrapped an arm around Eleanora's shoulders.

"She's going to be fine," he said calmly, watching as the train started pulling away. "She'll be safe at Hogwarts."

"Yeah," Eleanora said absentmindedly, leaning into Bill and staring after the train disappearing into the distance.

~

That night, Moody sent Eleanora on patrol duty with Lupin, something that had never happened before. Lupin usually went with Tonks while Eleanora either went with Hestia Jones or Bill. When she met Lupin on Diagon Alley, their assigned place, Eleanora noticed that he was looking thinner and more tired than usual. "You okay?" she asked quietly after almost fifteen minutes of unbroken silence.

"I'm fine."

"Alright." She decided to let it go. Lupin had seen the same amount of loss in the last year as she had, and she knew he didn't like to talk about his struggles much. "Did you hear that?" she said suddenly, pointing her wand at an alley behind them. There had been a crash and when the light hit the street, Eleanora could see a metal trash bin laying on its side with its contents skewed across the pavement.