\𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ\

~

~

"Bill?" Eleanora said groggily. For the first time ever, she rolled over to see Bill asleep next to her. He looked so peaceful, she felt bad waking him up. "Bill?" She climbed on top of him and laid her head on his chest.

"Mmmmm," Bill let out a low groan. "What?" His hand absentmindedly moved to her back but he still didn't open his eyes.

"Wake up," she whispered, propping her chin on her hands. "I have to leave in an hour." At this, Bill's eyes fluttered open and he squinted at Eleanora.

"Don't go," he mumbled, running his fingers up and down her back. "Just don't go." His eyes started to close as he dozed off again, his hand falling back onto the bed.

Eleanora wished she didn't have to go. She buried her face in Bill's chest for a few seconds and then hoisted herself out of bed. "Come on, get up."

She took one of his hands and pulled him up. He sat sleepily on the bed, watching Eleanora get dressed and throw some last minute items into a backpack. Finally, he stood up and started making the bed.

"I'm going to say goodbye to the twins," Eleanora said, turning to him at last. Watching Bill made leaving a hundred times more difficult. "I'll be right back."

She slipped out the door and climbed a flight of stairs to the twins room. The place was messier than ever, scattered with order forms and rejected projects. Fred and George were hunkered over a small desk in the corner, working on a new brand of trick wands.

"Hey," she said softly, sinking onto Fred's bed. The twins both jumped and turned to her, the usual playful grins lighting up their faces.

"Off snogging our brother?" George said, joining her on the bed. "We noticed he wasn't at breakfast this morning." He winked at Eleanora and she pushed him towards the edge of the bed.

"What's up, Nora?" said Fred, eyeing her travel bag.

Eleanora took a deep breath. "You guys know I trust you with my life, right?" The twins nodded slowly, broad smiles transforming into looks of worry. "Well, there's something I never told you." She stared down at the bed as she explained as much as she could about the mission, careful not to give them any details. "-So I'll be gone for a little while," she finished, finally taking a breath.

"How long?" George asked after a lengthy silence.

Eleanora shrugged.

"Why're they sending you?"

"I'm young. Nobody suspects me yet, not really anyways." She looked back and forth between Fred and George, who were both wearing the same worried and confused look Bill had the day before. "Listen," she said quickly. "I just need you two to promise you'll look after yourselves. Don't get into too much trouble."

"Never thought I'd hear you say that," Fred muttered.

"Well, I won't be there to save you." Eleanora gave them a half smile that was barely returned. "And look after Bill, okay?"