\ℯ𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~

~

"So... you're leaving Hogwarts early-" It was less a question than a confirmation. Eleanora couldn't wrap her head around wanting to leave school a year early, but then again, she'd never faced Umbridge.

"You don't sound very supportive." George's fingers played absentmindedly with the corner of his blanket. He, Fred, and Eleanora were spending a cozy morning up in the twins' room a few days after Arthur's accident.

"I never said I wasn't supportive," Eleanora said indignantly. "I just want you to be sure before you make any sudden decisions." She spread strawberry jam on one of the biscuits she'd snuck upstairs for breakfast. "I mean, you two only have like six more months left of school."

"Exactly our point!" said Fred. "We haven't got anything left to learn-" at this, Eleanora snorted. "-and you haven't met Umbridge. The woman's insane."

Eleanora's face darkened. "Yeah, that I do believe. Bill said she worked for the Ministry before she became a teacher and came up with all these horrible policies."

"Sounds like her," George muttered. "We've got to get out of there, El."

"What about the DA?" The twins had filled her in on everything that had happened that year, and it was a lot to take in. She was still wrapping her mind around Umbridge's cruel punishments.

"Yeah..." Fred trailed off.

"Well, we figure once we leave school we can start working for the Order," George chimed in. "You know, doing real things to help."

"Right." Moody was still giving Eleanora hard time about leaving the house, much less going on missions. It was okay now that she had the twins and Daisy to hang out with, but she knew after Christmas the days would only grow longer. She stared out the window at the snow covered streets.

"They'll let you out soon," George said softly, reading her mind. "You're a great witch, they can't keep you holed up here forever."

"That's what they're doing to Sirius."

"That's different."

There was a light knock on the door. Eleanora flicked her wand at the food spread and it flew under the bed just in case the visitor was Mrs. Weasley. It wasn't. Hermione stepped through the door, looking almost timid. "Hermione!" Fred cried, getting up to hug her. "When'd you get here?"

"Just a minute ago." Hermione blushed, but hugged him back. "Told my parents I had to study for my exams at school, and then came here as soon as I heard what happened to Mr. Weasley." She turned to Fred. "Is he okay?"

"He'll be fine. Come on," Fred led her over to the bed and waved his wand at the food, levitating it all back onto the bed. "Eat something, we've got tons."

"Thanks." Hermione took a biscuit and nibbled a piece off of it. "I actually came up here to ask you all about Harry."

"What about him?" George asked. They were all worried about Harry. He hadn't left his room in days.