20: Happy and May's Summer Fling

(Peter's POV)~

Not again.

I'm not watching her die, too. If she died on me, I'd have to take my own life after her.

I snapped my head around to look at Y/N, who's helmet was all the way off. I reached over and grabbed onto Beck's wrist and managed to save her life. His hand was wrapped around a gun. I started to squeeze his wrist and squeezed it tighter. I watched his eyes widen in fear with blood boiling inside me.

"If you kill her, her blood will be on your hands." I snarled at him.

"P-Pete?" Y/N managed to say.

"Tricks on me, huh?" I said. I was so scared to lose another person close to me, and that wasn't happening today. Y/N grabbed the glasses off of Beck and she tried to let my hand go from him.

"Peter? Pete, I'm okay." She reassured me and I looked at her with my eyes red and puffy. "I'm okay, here."

I quickly put the glasses on and shouted, "EDITH! TURN OFF THE DRONES."

"Biometric scan complete. Welcome back, Peter."

Beck groaned, backing up in fear.

"Do it, execute the drones." I said, and the drones that were left retreated. "Thank you..."

"How could you do all of this?" Y/N asked, walking up beside me.

"You'll see, kids." Beck said. "People tend to believe...And nowadays, they'll believe anything." We were unaware that was Beck's last and final breath as we watched him die.

"Is he...?" She asked me.

"Edith, is this real?" I asked, and Y/N looked at me since she couldn't hear Edith. "It's real."

"Oh, thank Stark." She sighed and slumped down in exhaustion. I sat down next to her. "Wish dad were here to see all of this."

"He'd be proud." I said, smiling at her. "Way proud."

~~~

(Happy's POV)~

"Yeah, no, May. You were right, he's strong when they're together." I said, "They both did great. Yeah, I'm glad they stayed too." I noticed Fury and Maria walking up to me. "I gotta go." I smiled at the both of them. "I'm glad you're alive! I guess the coded message worked."

"Appearances can be deceiving, heh." Fury said. "I'm surprised you didn't wink in the camera."

"It worked." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Only because I had serious doubts about Beck from the beginning."

"Not true, he had zero doubts." Maria said, and Fury sent her a glare, disappointed.

"Where's Parker and Stark?" Fury asked.

"They're together somewhere." I said.

"I need to speak with them."

"They'll call you."

"He'll- She'll-" Fury started to laugh, as if he was losing his mind. "Okay, great! They better. Or it's your ass; and don't even think about ghosting me."

~~~

(Y/N POV)~

Back at Stark Tower~

Peter and I stepped off the jet that Pepper sent once everything finally settled down in Italy. We decided to take the route without our classmates and figured they'd be fine on the way home themselves. Pepper was freaking out over the phone when she called halfway through our flight.

"Y/N, you're okay? Morgan and I saw everything that happened on the news!" Pepper said once she reached us on the helipad. Morgan reached over to me and I picked her up.

"Hey, kiddo." I smiled at her, and she squeezed me a hug. Morgan was about 4 years old, and I was surprised how tall she was already. "How you been?"

"You were amazing on tv, just like daddy!" she said, beaming at me with those cute dimples.

"Aw, thanks Morgan. I know I did all the amazing work." Peter teased and I glared at him, and kicked him in the shin. "Ow. Okay, we did the amazing work. If it weren't for Happy giving Y/N the extra boost she needed to use the suit, things would've turned out differently."

Pepper tried processing what was said, and then she smiled at me. "Y/N-"

"Yes, mom, I overcame my fear." I said. Since I was adopted, I kept calling her Mrs. Potts, but she decided against it and wanted me to just call her mom.

"I'm so proud of you." she hugged me and Morgan together. Peter stood by almost awkwardly, but he smiled at all of us. "Your dad would be, too."

"Oh yeah? Which one?" I teased, and she smirked at me. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Mr. Toomes has nothing on me anymore. Mr. Stark did so much for us, mom. I miss him, a lot."

"I miss your dad too, honey. Anyways, you two must be exhausted." Pepper said, "Where are your luggages?"

Peter and I stammered and we looked at each other sheepishly.

"Oh that's right, nevermind. I have some food waiting for you both inside, and I already made Morgan her dinner. I bet you both are starving."

We took her up on that offer and went inside the Stark Tower to enjoy dinner together.

~~~

The Next Day~

"Me and Peter keep our identity pretty guarded this past couple of years. We faced a lot of deception, and we're tired of all the lies."

"So, it's time for the truth, and we have to ask." Peter said as we sat down together with his Aunt and Happy in his apartment. Peter was suited up, and I was wearing a really nice outfit today for a special occasion. I wore both my Calantotte bracelet and Peter's one on either wrists.

"Are you two dating?" we asked at the same time.

As you could probably tell, everyone's reaction was different and the atmosphere in the room felt very awkward. I was excited to hear the news, but Peter was just mostly concerned. Happy and his aunt May were exchanging looks between each other, trying to figure out what to say.

Both answers were far from the truth.

"Yes." Happy said as soon as Aunt May said, "Not really."

They looked at each other and Happy was surprised. "What?"

"Well..." she said. "I think...Summer fling."

"Yes, that evolves and grows like any other." Happy started to say.

"I still don't know where this is going." May said.

I looked at Peter and we both just had confused looks on our faces. "It might open to wherever it might lead." Happy said, smiling.

"Anywhere." she agreed with him, and they just completely lost us. "We'll always be friends, no matter what."

"Yeah, we're going to go..." Peter said, slowly drawing out those words. "I've got a date with Y/N. Uh..." They continued to talk amongst themselves and Peter reached over with his webs to grab his mask.

"Bye, guys!" I whispered, and we escaped as they continued to ramble.