"Funny how you gave a whole lecture on your reasonings and explanations, yet didn't ask for my part of the story and reasons?" He put his hands in his pockets, giving her a straight face.

Do i look like I care or need it? She thought, rolling her eyes.

"Well, do I need to know?" She controlled her urge and asked as politely, as she possibly could.

"We're all so desperate to be understood that we forgot to be understanding." He murmured.

"Was that for me? You mean I'm not understanding and I just blabber whatever comes in my mouth without thinking?" She gave him an offended look, folding her arms.

"I guess that's what you're doing right now too." He chuckled.

"Well, basically yes, but no. I just make sure to get my point clear in the other person's head, it's a different case if it's empty though." She was trying to insult and point at him as kindly as she could too now.

The debate ended there with him sighing and turning to leave as they both went back to work together in his car from the hospital since Nimra didn't want a day off nor go back to the guest house and worry her mom for no apparent reason according to her. Affan knew his requests would be ignored, she never listens to anyone nor can anyone win against her in that. So he quietly followed her orders.

The car ride wasn't silent though, Nimra did question him about his job at her workplace, throwing her comments here and there as she always does. Affan took it as a progress in their relation feeling better.

As they returned, Nimra was still feeling a little dizzy so she decided to go take an early leave and take her work with her so she could complete it at night. While Affan got stuck to do a job which wasn't really his duty, but one of the seniors, Leyla, requested him to do the job. He wasn't the one to deny so he gladly agreed.

Soon enough, he was slightly seated on a tall stool on one leg, just as a support behind him, as making work of his mascular arms he pushed the containers attaching receipts on each one of them as the workers carried them away one by one.

Nimra sat on her seat quite far away, but she was attentively gawking at him. It wasn't the job he told her about, why was he doing this then? She almost drooled at the sight of his flexing muscles and as he would run a hand through his hair and wipe his forehead with his forearm. Dayum. Her cheeks felt hot as she remembered she had fainted in his arms in the lift. As if hit by a thunderbolt, she straightened up, slapping her face lightly. I've finally lost my last two braincells as well!

That didn't stop her from staring at him from the corner of her eyes though. Her mind wandering with different thoughts and the flashbacks she had of him. Affan was soon done with the job after half an hour, as he returned after washing himself up to look for Nimra. He was running his gaze around the area to find her desk when someone called him out.

"Affan?" Turning towards the source of voice, he found Leyla standing behind him with a wide smile plastered on her lips.

"Yes." He replied politely. Internally wishing it wasn't some other extra woking task for him.

"This is for you. I just wanted to thank you for your special help today, so just a small thank you gift." She forwarded her hand which had a gift bag for him.

"Ah no, it's completely fine. I'm glad I could be of any help. There's no need for this." Affan quickly motioned his hands up, with a smile on his face, not to look rude for not accepting the sudden gift. Was it normal for the colleagues to exchange gifts like this just for helping in small tasks?