Part 18

When Danielle slowly started to wake she couldn't tell where she was. Everything around her was in a blur. The walls were blue. The machines were beeping very loud. And her whole body was hurting.
Her arm and leg had been stitched up. Her stomach had a giant white sticky pad on it that was held down by tape. She tried to sit herself up but it was hard for her to do that.

Dr.Kepner soon walked in with her chart. "How are you feeling Danielle?" She asked her. "I feel fine." She said. Or she thought she said. "Danielle? Can you hear me?" She took her pen light and moved it around in front of her eyes. "Yes I can hear you. I'm responding right now."

Dr.Kepner didn't say anything. She just walked out of the room. "Wait! Wait!" Danielle said. "Damn it!! Why can't she hear me?"

When Dr.Kepner walked back to the E.R. Andi was asleep cuddled next to her mom. Mrs. Savre had already left the hospital. She told Stefania to call her when they get an update on her. Stefania also Jaina and Barrett about Danielle and she had to keep them updated as well. When she saw Dr. Kepner walking towards them she turned off her phone and slowly got from under Andi trying not to wake her up.

"Is she awake?"
"Yes she is. But she's not talking. She's very responsive and alert."
"What does that mean?"
"I don't know but I could have the neuro department do a head CT scan and they can see what's going on."

Stefania nodded and went back and sat down next to Andi. She was scared about her girlfriend. She quickly sent out an update to Danielle's friends about what was going on.

S.Spampinato: She finally woke up.
J.Ortiz: That's good.
B.Doss: Great!!
S.Spampinato: she's alert and responding to stuff but she's not talking.
B.Doss: what does that mean?
S.Spampinato: idk. I don't think she can physically talk. Like her brain is stopping her from talking. They are gonna do a CT scan to see what's going on.
J.Ortiz: ok keep us updated please
S.Spampinato: I will

Soon after that Andi woke up. She was a groggy from the medication they gave her for her ankle. Her ankle had now doubled size from before and was hurting her like crazy. She couldn't move it or walk on it. They did a x-ray and saw that a bone was out of place but no bleeding. The doctors want and needs to put a cast on it but they can't put until the swelling goes down. "Mamma?" She said in the most tiredness of a voice. "Yes bambina?"
"Is Danielle finally awake?"
"She is bambina."
"Can we go see her now?"

Stefania wanted to tell the girl yes. But she knew that if they went it would just hurt her. Seeing Danielle like that. "She still has to do some test ok?" Andi nodded and cuddled back into her mom.

At this point Danielle was going to the CT room. She was scared because she didn't know what was going on and the doctors couldn't even hear her. "Where are we going? Hello? Can you please tell me where were going?" But nobody heard her. They just continued to walk. "Danielle were going to do a CT scan for you. Trying to figure out what is going on." Said the other doctor. "Wait what even happened? Hello? Stop ignoring me!!"

When she had finally got into the machine, she laid there waiting as the machine took pictures of her brain. "What do we got?" Said the head of Neurology. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. She's perfectly fine." the other doctor told her. They looked at the CT scan closely and they were right. Nothing was wrong with her brain. But why did she have trouble talking? Who knows. Maybe we'll see as the time goes by.

When they got her situated back in her room the first person who came in was Stefania. Danielle was asleep when she walked in so she just sat there beside her bad and rubbed on her hand. "Bambina if you can here me, I love you. And I want you to know I'm not mad at you. Andi thought I was but I'm not. Also she really wants to see you. I told her she has to wait but she keeps asking me questions about you." Stefania chuckled at that last part. "Stefania? Can you hear me?"  Danielle thought in her head. She still couldn't talk. Not physically anyway.

"Baby if you can hear me then I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I was careful I swear. I would never put you or Andi in this position. No matter what. I love you. Please forgive me." When she got to the end of her sentence her words started coming back. It was little mumble but she heard it herself, so of course Stefania had to hear it. 

Stefania did hear it. "Bambina what did you say?"
"I don't remember but I said please forgive me.
*gasps* am I saying this out loud? Can you hear me?"
Stefania laughed at Danielle.
"Yes bella I can hear you."
"Yay!! I thought I was gonna say like that forever."
"No you wasn't. Your a fighter. You' would have eventually started talking again."

Stefania gave her a kiss. It was a magical kiss. If there was anyway this could happen in a tv show or movie there would be magical sparkles floating in the air. "Wow." Danielle said after they released lips. "Wow." Stefania said right after her. "I'm so sorry. I don't want to ever put you in this position again."
"Your forgiven. I was never mad at you. I just want you to be ok."
"I am. I always will be."
"Promise?"
"Promise."

And they gave each other another small kiss.

While the two of them were sitting there, Dr.O'Malley and Andi walked in. Well rolled in. "Danielle your ok!" Andi yelled. Dr.O'Malley left and shut the door to give them some privacy. Stefania rolled Andi closer to the bed so that she could be closer to her best friend.
"I am. What happened to your leg?"
"You don't remember? It got hurt in the car accident. They have to put it in a cast. When they do can you sign it?"
"I will for sure sign it."
"What color should I get?"
"Hmmm? How about pink?"
"I don't like pink."
"Blue?"
"I like blue. Blue it shall be."
"Can I sit next to you?"
"Yea sure."

Andi tried her best to reach up and crawl into the bed with Danielle. Stefania carefully picked her up and placed her next to her. "I love you Danielle."

Danielle looked at Stefania with a some tears in her eyes and mouthed "she said she loves me." Stefania nodded and quickly snapped a picture of her two girls.

"Just so y'all know I will be taking care of you guys when we get home." Stefania told them as she placed a blanket over the both of them.
"So Danielle's not going home?"
"She can go home once she's better. Right Danielle?"
"That's right."
"Yay! Then we can have lots of fun. Am I going to school tomorrow mamma?"
"Honestly bambina, I forgot you have school tomorrow. You can go back Monday."
"Great so I have two days with Danielle!!"
"Yes you do".

And the two of them laid there talking to each other. While Stefania was sitting in the chair in the corner. Secretly taking pictures of them. They were happy. It's all they wanted to be. It's all they ever will be.

A/N: I know this chapter was a little short but it was still cute. The next chapter will be even cuter than this one. And I promise that. So please don't come for me. I know you guys feelings have been hurt but I  promise it will be cute. Just for you guys. Well anyways. Have a great rest of the day/nights. -Shay