Chapter 13

Leyton's POV

After Skylin spoke with Olivia she went to bed and fell asleep very quickly as my father read her a story.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Asked my mother as she came to stand by me.

"It's nothing, I'm just thinking of how quickly Skylin solved our little situation. I would not have thought that Olivia was crying that much just because she missed Skylin. Skylin's so good with Livia, not only does Olivia adore her but she adores Olivia just as much. She is the mother figure that I know Olivia has always wanted. I've always wanted someone who will love not only me but my daughter and here I've found someone who loves Olivia. Olivia's happiness means everything to me, I just want Sky to come back, not for me, but for Livia." I honestly stated as I quietly spoke with my mother while I looked at my sleeping daughter.

"I understand, I believe that's what everyone who has a child wants. A person that catches your child's heart is more likely to catch yours." Mom said with a knowing smile. "Anyway off to bed with you young man." She said with a stern face which amused me more than anything.

"Mother you are aware that I'm 27 years old right?" I asked as a smile of amusement lit up my face.

"To me you will always be my baby Leyton, now march yourself to bed." She said with her right hand pointing to the direction of my room and her left hand placed on her hip. Raising my hands in a surrending motion I made my way to my bedroom, seeing as tomorrow was Friday and I actually felt tired, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep.

When I got to my bed I kept tossing and turning and I wasn't able to fall asleep, but after about an hour I was practically knocked out into a dreamless sleep. I was however woken up sometime around the night due to the sudden urge to puke so rushing out of my bed, ran to the toilet and puked my guts out. As I leaned against the toilet and tried to get some oxygen into my lungs, I felt exhaustion crush over me. I lazily pulled myself up just to feel another round of vomit coming up making me bend and puke. The taste and thought of puking brought on more rounds of puke until I was completely spent and filled with exhaustion. I forcefully dragged myself up and back to bed. 

I was fortunate enough to get some sleep until 06:14 when I heard my father calling from the other side of the door. I tried to stand up in order to open the door just to feel a wave of dizziness and nausea flood my being. I walked as fast as I could to the bathroom while I prevented the vomit from coming out, I managed to make it just in time for the vomit to land into the toilet instead of the floor. I heard footsteps as they made their way to the bathroom.

"You look sick." My dad said as he looked at me with sympathy. "Come on let's get you back to bed and then I'll call Dr Dante for you." Dad said as he helped me to stand up and walk to my bed. My head began to pound probably from the vomiting and the dizziness. "I'll be back soon." He said as he exited my room and gently shut the door behind him. I let my eyes close for a second before I heard a knock on the door and then someone pushed it open, before Charlotte walked in and my mother, with their faces filled with worry.

"You looked exhausted when we got here but now you just look purely sick." My mother said as she made her way to my bed and sat on the edge.

"This is partly my fault, I noticed that he wasn't eating or sleeping well for the past 3 weeks. I should have forced him to get enough rest and to eat, but I didn't. My greatest of apologies Mrs Santiago." Charlotte said looking at me with guilt filled eyes.

I was about to oppose when my mother cut in before me.

"No, Charlotte it's not your fault, he is a grown man. He should be able to take care of himself without being looked after. You can't take care of both Olivia and him." She said standing up and looking at me with disappointment and sadness which broke my heart. My mother was right, I wasn't a child, I should be taking care of myself but I failed. I let my emotions get the best of me and I completely forgot about how me not taking care of myself would land me up in this position and what it would do to everyone that I cared about.